You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness II - Discussion and Results Thread

faldor wrote:

Since a lot of the movies from this tournament are included in this list.

http://listverse.com/2010/05/03/15-grea … nscripted/

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah, and I hate to continue turning this in to a Batman thread, but it is a shame that Forever was done the way it was. There was a lot of potential there, and Schumacher I think once said he wanted to do an adaptation of Miller's 'Year One', so he clearly had an interest in the young Bruce. Forever just didn't turn out the way it could have, even with Val Kilmer doing  pretty decent job.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Kilmer was underrated in hind sight for me. Schumacher still is proud of Forever, but said he felt it could've been a far better film without WB's involvement. Studio interference buried the young Bruce stuff, and turned up the Robin stuff, feeling that using a film to tell both the backgrounds of Bruce & Robin would be too much. They wanted more action, more Riddler, more Two Face, etc. The irony is, had they used more time to tie Bruce's own history in with Robin's, it would've just made the film better, and made you have more sympathy for Dick Grayson.

As for Batman & Robin, Schumacher firmly said he wanted to duplicate 60's Batman on film, and that's what he did.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Since a lot of the movies from this tournament are included in this list.

http://listverse.com/2010/05/03/15-grea … nscripted/

Everybody talks about that Chanti line...

This was the best line from Silence of the Lambs imo...

You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Agent Starling? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia. What is your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the FBI.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hey did anyone know that today is a Star Wars day? does batman have a day? tongue

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

btw.. I think the problem with the Musio Videos idea... was the words "to 50 max".

Board footer