You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness II - Discussion and Results Thread

Neemo wrote:

yeah jsut rolling them out the first round is always alot of battles to weed through so i'm jsut putting them out as they come by in the seeding

it takes alot of planning nad setting up to do these things..i'll try to vary the battles though now..i pretty much got it under control finally 16

anyone wanna help?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

On that subject, I do think neemo deserves a round of karma from those participating(long time members and the lurkers who sometimes jump in and vote) for putting these things together each year. Its definitely no easy task, and he puts in all that effort knowing that it only caters to a niche audience here.

He doesn't even nominate or vote. He literally does it for the site itself knowing its one of our popular features here.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah jsut rolling them out the first round is always alot of battles to weed through so i'm jsut putting them out as they come by in the seeding

it takes alot of planning nad setting up to do these things..i'll try to vary the battles though now..i pretty much got it under control finally 16

anyone wanna help?

Oh I wasn't bitching at all about them being out there. I have no clue how you actually put this together but if there's anyway I can help just let me know.

I'm sure it's a ton of work and I'll be glad to help shoulder it.

well now that i have the seeding all worked out for all the decades i can do an 80's battle here a 2000's battle there kinda thing...but when i started sunday i was rushed getting otu the door and i only had the 70's seeded so for the sake of moving along the tourney i jsut started it...from here on out though we will have more variety each day smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so anyway ... 16

faldor i've gone through IMDB and seede the movies like you suggested

of the 64 movies that we nominated...16 dont even appear in the top 250 at IMDB and we have 7 of the IMDB top 10 in our top 64

Is there a link to the bracket?  I'd like to see the seedings.  I'm guessing the first 2 matchups were the 1-16 and 2-15 with both Godfathers being the top seeds?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah thats was the seeding matchup...and today was 3 vs 14 and 4 vs 13

tomorrow i will do an 80's one and a 90's one smile

here is an excel spreadsheet of the tourney layout

http://www.4shared.com/file/252342931/a … s_II_.html

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Thanks Neemo.

After reviewing the bracket I noticed my favorite comedy from the 2000's was absent, "Anchorman".  How'd that happen?  I know it got at least 2 votes for a nomination.  That wasn't enough?

Board footer