You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: John Frusciante Voted Greatest Guitarist, Slash is second

Mikkamakka wrote:

John Frusciante Voted Greatest Guitarist

Over 30,000 listeners of BBC's 6Music station have voted John Frusciante the guitarist of the past 30 years.

Frusciante, who quit Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2008 finished ahead of Slash at number 2 and Muse's Matt Bellamy at 3. Smiths legend Johnny Marr is in fourth place ahead of Rage Against Machine's Tom Morello at 5 and Metallica's Kirk Hammett at 6.

Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead), Prince, Jack White (White Stripes) and Peter Buck (REM) made up the final 4 places. BBC 6 Music presenter Steve Lamacq said of the poll result "There's an underlying madness about their work, but with the renewed interest in these guitarists, thanks to various computer games, this is a very timely and revealing litmus test of who our audience really admire."

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/article … -guitarist

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that is a travesty

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Neemo wrote:

that is a travesty

Which part? Frusciante is the fucking man!

Gong

Gong wrote:

Call me when Bumblefoot writes something this beautiful.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What does Bumblefoot have to do with this? Nothing.

Troll fail.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

bigbri wrote:

Troll fail.

Agreed. But the results are surprising, I wouldn't have expected either to be in the top two. Would've guessed Prince would win, or even someone like EVH although some of his legacy is in the 70s.

Is Matt Bellamy that good? I like Muse, but I wouldn't have even considered him for this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Troll fail.

Damn you. 16 I was gonna drop a Bucket bomb on this thread, but your 'troll fail' was a preemptive strike.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

What a shit list.

Gong

Gong wrote:

maybe a feeble troll attempt, maybe not, but Bumblefoot is the lead guitarist of the band this website is dedicated to so, I would think he's relevant to a "best guitarists" discussion.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah but he appears on some of one album with them, an album featuring about 4 or 5 other guitarists. Lead guitarist is hardly as spotlighted in GnR as it was in Slash's tenure. And again, not that much material out there.

Board footer