You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: The 2010-11 NFL Season Thread

war wrote:

That's why we are all pointing fingers at the coach here in MN......It's more than a coincidence when the same team that dominated last year is falling apart in every facet of the game.....players calling out the coach......players arguing with each other on the sidelines.........players choosing not to play on minor injuries..........players admitting to tanking it....etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they run the table from here on out.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Nice to see the Cowboys taking another step this past weekend towards winning the Super Bowl.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I hate Roy E. Williams

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

These overtime losses are killing me

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, especially when Steve Johnson, who's been fantastic this season, dropped that game winning TD pass in the endzone.  The Patriots, Ravens, Jets, and the other top teams in the AFC were pulling for the Bills yesterday.  But it wasn't meant to be I guess.  Pittsburgh is obviously the better team, and the better team usually pulls it out in the end in close games like that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

whats the point of having 49ers vs Arizona? 2 3-7 teams, the MNF football guys seem to be going out of their way not to talk about the game tonight...lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

whats the point of having 49ers vs Arizona? 2 losing teams, the MNF football guys seem to be going out of their way not to talk about the game tonight...lol

I know you're relatively a new fan to the NFL, but MNF is NOT the marquee game it used to be. For decades it was legendary. Part of american culture. The NFL started moving away from it years ago. The big prime time game is now on Sunday night.

Whenever the MNF contract expires, I would not be surprised if the NFL just abandons it.

vernonlofton
 Rep: 0 

vernonlofton wrote:

then we would be stuck with mondaynight raw

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

whats the point of having 49ers vs Arizona? 2 losing teams, the MNF football guys seem to be going out of their way not to talk about the game tonight...lol

I know you're relatively a new fan to the NFL, but MNF is NOT the marquee game it used to be. For decades it was legendary. Part of american culture. The NFL started moving away from it years ago. The big prime time game is now on Sunday night.

Whenever the MNF contract expires, I would not be surprised if the NFL just abandons it.

Well the Monday night games are picked well before the season begins, as all games are, so it's tough to say how certain teams are going to be in week 13.  The Niners were supposed to be the class of the NFC West this season, obviously that hasn't worked out so far, though as bad as that division is they still have a legit shot at winning it. 

The Sunday night game, has the option of flex scheduling, where they can actually switch the game if it were a matchup such as tonight.  They could've switched it for say Bears/Eagles.  But it wouldn't be fair to take a MONDAY night game and change them to Sunday afternoon and vice versa.  Too many factors at play there. 

Monday Night Football is still a BIG deal.  It's not going anywhere, nor are these bad matchups from time to time.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Notice how our Pick'em League has tightened considerably in the past two weeks?

Board footer