You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The 2010-11 NFL Season Thread

Neemo wrote:

wow...Jets got SPANKED!

and in other news...Broncos fires McDaniels

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Ho hum, another dominating victory for the Patriots against another playoff type team.  They're making it look easy of late.  They have had a tough ass schedule this year.  To be 11-2 at this point is quite impressive.  Once I heard the snow was flying I thought, advantage Patriots.  After all, they are 10-0 in the snow under Brady/Belichick.  I think the game would've been a lot closer in better conditions.  I also heard countless "experts" saying how the Bears would have the advantage because they had a better running game.  That's just not true.  Maybe Matt Forte is a more household name then BenJarvus Green-Ellis, but that doesn't mean the Bears have a better running game.  They simply don't.  The Pats are better in every running stat category I could find, so I'm not sure what the "experts" were basing their opinions on.  Also, Brady once again proved that the snow doesn't slow him at all like the experts make you believe.  In fact, I honestly think he's at a huge advantage in the snow.  Just look at what they did against the Titans in the snow last year. 

Anyway, another big game against the Packers next week.  The Pack may be in trouble, especially after Rogers sustained his 2nd concussion of the season today.  Without him, they'd have very little chance against the Pats.  I suspect he'll be alright by Sunday night though.

Jets lost again.  I'm starting to rethink how "good" they really are.  They really haven't beaten anyone good since week 2.  They also could be in trouble.  Then again they could back into the playoffs again, and that worked out alright for them last season.

The Jags held off the Raiders to keep a one game lead on the Colts as they head into Indy for their big matchup next week.  The Jags usually play the Colts tough.  MJD often runs wild against them and he's had 6 straight 100 yard games.

The Chargers pulled to within one game of the Chiefs today.  Obviously KC wasn't the same without Casell.  That race could come down to the wire too.  This is the time of year the Chargers kick it into gear.  They had a slipup last week against Oakland, but the Raiders just seem to have San Diego's number this year.  Bad matchup I suppose.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Heard that Favre is gonna be out next week, ending his consecutive games streak.

He needs to just go home. Everyone but him knows he's finished.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Heard that Favre is gonna be out next week, ending his consecutive games streak.

He needs to just go home. Everyone but him knows he's finished.

He missed tonights game, ending the streak.  So the speculation is that this is the end, and he has played his last game.  Though I suppose they could trot him back out there in one of the final games for a curtain call.  I couldn't have envisioned this season going as badly as it went for Favre, but obviously looking back on it, he should've just called it quits after last season.  It wasn't all his fault that the Vikings have been so bad, but he's just been getting hammered by opposing defenses this year.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The WR's and Defense for the Vikes have been awful this year, especially the D-Line and secondary. I think if Rice would have got the surgery when he was supposed to and was out there from the start, it would have helped. The O-Line wasn't great last year, but they didn't do anything to help it thanks to Chilly. And I think if they would have handed the team over to Frazier earlier it would have helped, too.

Add on top of all that - I don't think Favre really wanted to come back this year hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Favre's end kind of reminds me of Ken Griffey, Jr.'s in baseball. They both are future Hall of Famers - got old, got greedy, and tried to edge one more year out, and unfortunately overstayed their welcome in both cases. Griffey came back to Seattle where he found his fame, had all this wonderful good will and full circle festivities heaped on him. It was closure. They ended the 2009 season with him being carried on his team mates shouders across Safeco Field waving goodbye on the final game of the season as the fans all clapped in a standing ovation. He was supposed to retire.

He came back. And was so awful, even at DH, that he was bumped down to 7th in the lineup (embarrassing for a hitter like Junior), and only two months into the 2010 season was pulled from the lineup, eventually benched and simply quit the season, went home and was forgotton about. No legendary end.

Favre came back with Minnesota, to much fan frustration. However the Vikings last year were spectacular, and were poised to go to the Super Bowl. Oh what a story it would be for the "old man" to win a ring in his final season. But alas, they did make it to the playoffs and even to the Championship game, but didn't make it. Still, tons of smiles and praise were heaped on Favre, the Vikings had a great season, and it was a terrific swan song.

But he came back. And this is the way he goes out. I highly doubt he'll even be back on the field. I don't see some final drive in the final game, because that would just add insult to injury, especially if he throws an interception or fumbles or just gets sacked 'til turnover.

He stayed one year too long.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Any Pats homers want to guess whether or not this is actually Randy Moss?

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/17/did- … re_twitter

Audio link is in the middle of the page.

I think it is and find this story hilarious.  There is NO FUCKING WAY Fisher is coaching the Titans given all the negative stuff that's come out the last month or so.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I don't know.  Would Randy really care enough to call into a radio station and rip Fisher at this point?  He's obviously checked out for the season, so why put in that sort of effort off the field.

Is it simply a coincidence that 2 teams have pretty much completely imploded this season after acquiring Randy Moss?  That's what I wonder.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Wild Card Predictions anyone?

NO @ Sea => NO
Bal @ KC => Bal
NYJ @ Ind => Ind
GB @ Phi => GB

faldor

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Wild Card Predictions anyone?

NO @ Sea => NO
Bal @ KC => Bal
NYJ @ Ind => Ind
GB @ Phi => GB

Not to be boring, but I'm right with you Neemo.  I would've liked KC over the Jets, but I just feel Baltimore's experience will win out there.  I kind of worry how lots of people seem to be picking Green Bay.  Maybe Philly can refocus and regroup.  I just remember how tough the Packers were against the Pats a few weeks back, and that was with Matt Flynn at the helm.

Board footer