You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Axl S wrote:

If only Norway was refined and had as good taste as buzz. Then this all could have been avoided....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's even more off topic but I got to say the boots of the chinese songs I saw were awesome. Axl doing those high bits in twat, and I was really blown away by how cool IF the World was live. The studio version i liked but wasn't the star of the album to me, but live axl screaming out those words, and bumble shredding out that outro, What a hidden gem of a track!

As for Axl's twitter about working. let's hope it means there's some stock in these rumours, but it could mean anything at all to do with GNR really, so i guess it's best to keep our expectations and excitment in check. But there's always the hope.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye the "bizness" will be the euro tour announcement, although there are some sporadic dates confirmed, there hasnt actually been an official statement. Werent the Canadian and South American dates all officially announced with an inventory of the scheduled venues and dates etc?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

You brought up "personal experience" to prove your point, but you won't tell me what those "personal experiences" are...

And now you say "the facts of what I have seen are the facts.  You cannot change them." Well that's a given offcourse! But if you would disclose what these amazing "facts" and "personal experiences" are, I could maybe argue that they are not relevant to the discussion. Or maybe you could convince me to agree with you...

I told you where to look.  Whether you chose to look or not is totally up to you.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

anyway i have seen some bands showcase new material and other bands not so much, its really is dependant on the artist tbh..buzz even you cant say that every artist you saw showcased new material when they had very strong back catalogue of material as well...

a couple examples from my personal experiences

Stone Temple Pilots, 1996...7 songs of 24 promoting Tiny Music...

PanterA in 2001, 4 songs of 15 promoting Reinventing the steel

TooL in 2002, 8 songs of 12 Promoting Lateralus

Megadeth in 2006, 3 songs (plus a previously unreleased song) of 16 promoting The System Has Failed

The only acts that I can recall focusing more on their back catalog were washed up or had a huge catalog to choose from when I saw them.  Kiss, Journey, Chicago, and Aerosmith (and they even played a huge chunk off of Pump when I saw them on that tour, but played less of Nine Lives when I saw them the 2nd time) are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.  The list is infinitely longer of bands I've seen feature their current album, including REM on the Monster tour when they already had a huge catalog.  I don't know what to tell you...that has been my experience. 

Matchbox Twenty played their entire 3rd album when I saw them and skipped some of the hits they had on the first album.  The whole album.  Most of the other bands that I have seen had smaller catalogs than Kiss, Aerosmith, and Chicago, so they certainly focused more on their new music.  I saw Shinedown years after that "45" song was out and they focused on their new music.  Crue played a lot of Dr Feelgood on that tour when I saw them.  Almost everybody I've seen played their new music a ton. 

Maybe I'm just not seeing the big time bands or I saw them before they were big time bands?  I admit that I haven't gone to a lot of concerts over the past few years, so maybe things have changed since my concert heyday.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What Journey tour did you see, buzz? Not looking to argue, just curious. I'm a huge JRNY fan.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

anyway i have seen some bands showcase new material and other bands not so much, its really is dependant on the artist tbh..buzz even you cant say that every artist you saw showcased new material when they had very strong back catalogue of material as well...

a couple examples from my personal experiences

Stone Temple Pilots, 1996...7 songs of 24 promoting Tiny Music...

PanterA in 2001, 4 songs of 15 promoting Reinventing the steel

TooL in 2002, 8 songs of 12 Promoting Lateralus

Megadeth in 2006, 3 songs (plus a previously unreleased song) of 16 promoting The System Has Failed

The only acts that I can recall focusing more on their back catalog were washed up or had a huge catalog to choose from when I saw them.  Kiss, Journey, Chicago, and Aerosmith (and they even played a huge chunk off of Pump when I saw them on that tour, but played less of Nine Lives when I saw them the 2nd time) are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.  The list is infinitely longer of bands I've seen feature their current album, including REM on the Monster tour when they already had a huge catalog.  I don't know what to tell you...that has been my experience. 

Matchbox Twenty played their entire 3rd album when I saw them and skipped some of the hits they had on the first album.  The whole album.  Most of the other bands that I have seen had smaller catalogs than Kiss, Aerosmith, and Chicago, so they certainly focused more on their new music.  I saw Shinedown years after that "45" song was out and they focused on their new music.  Crue played a lot of Dr Feelgood on that tour when I saw them.  Almost everybody I've seen played their new music a ton. 

Maybe I'm just not seeing the big time bands or I saw them before they were big time bands?  I admit that I haven't gone to a lot of concerts over the past few years, so maybe things have changed since my concert heyday.

I didn't go to my first concert until the late 1990's so I can't say for sure if things have changed.  But it would make sense.  Record sales are down the tubes and bands make money off of touring these days.  So really, what's the point of pushing and promoting an ALBUM?  Obviously back in the 80's and 90's it was a different story but in this day and age bands just don't make money off of album sales.  It's all about publishing and touring.  And most people want to hear the hits when they go to concerts so if a band is out touring and knowingly playing a majority of a new album and very few of the hits, that would probably hurt attendance numbers.

Again, don't know if that IS the case, but something to consider.

And I saw Journey tour with Def Leppard a few years back.  Obviously Steve Perry wasn't in the band, and it wasn't even the guy they have now who sounds just like him fronting the band.  It was singer #2.  He blew his voice out during the tour though so the next time I went to see them they had another guy, we'll call him singer #3.  The band still rocked though.  Neal Schon is a damn good guitar player.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Neal Schon is obscenely underrated.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Neal Schon is obscenely underrated.

Yeah I didn't even know who the guy was before I went to see Journey and I was in awe of how good he was that I quickly learned about him.  He was definitely the highlight in the band.  I've never heard it for myself, but I've heard Journey was quite different and rocked hard prior to Steve Perry joining the band.  Of course, Perry was their ticket to worldwide success.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

+3 on Schon

Board footer