You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Your Decison sat at #1 on the rock charts for what - months? And that's Alice In Chains without it's original lead singer.

I have no doubt that Guns N' Roses, especially a really catchy "If You Only Knew"-type ballad with a companion video would reign for a fucking long ass time.

album has sold about 407,000 & peaked @ 5 on billboard top 200

looking in view reached 12 on us mainstream rock tracks chart
your decision and check my brain both hit #1

your decision has been on the chart for like 20 weeks or something

AIC was also nominated for a grammy

this album has been pretty sucessful commercially i would say

Sky Dog wrote:

You guys are AGAIN limiting your scope to the US. And Saikin, the album is not Gold according to Riaa...the entity who certifies records.
http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php … CH_RESULTS

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

bands have to pay for certification...so just cuz its not on the list doesnt mean that it doesnt meet the criteria

i'll grasnt you the US thing...i didnt look up the worldwide numbers....but i dont think any grunge band is as far reaching as gnr

Sky Dog wrote:

I am not discrediting AIC...MY MAIN POINT WAS RADIO PLAY HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH ALBUM SALES. Point proven by AIC vs Gnr....AIC has more successful singles yet they didn't sell as many albums. Radio play is determined by the record companies paying off the stations. Nothing more nothing less.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know madagas, I didn't really understand where you were going with this, but that last post really sold it.

Maybe you're right.

But everyone I know, and everyone they know, and everyone they want to know... all hit iTunes to download a hot song they heard on the RADIO.

I've never seen word in the 21st century get out any different. Even in the Napster days in the late 90's, we downloaded songs, because we heard them on the radio.

Sky Dog wrote:

Both sides of the argument don't mean shit anyway. The days of selling 8 million albums are long gone. Money in the Biz is made by touring, merchandise sales, and licensing.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Licensing... probably the biggest exposure today would be DLC for Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

I knew alot of kids in school that didn't touch Chinese Democracy, but LOVED Shackler's Revenge, just because they played it over and over again on RB2.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Any GNR lineup headlining Reading without Slash will get a lukewarm reception at best. It's always a MOSTLY Alt and Indie lineup the archetypical arty types who despise GNR, they will blast GNR out of the water in the press when Reading approaches citing a lack of Slash and CDs lacklustre release and reception at each turn.

Can't WAIT to see how they take to GnR.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Hypothetical scenario:

Axl puts out another record, say this Fall (same Bat-time).

Do you think the band will hole-up in LA and rehearse a whole new batch of songs for a tour in support of that album?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If you were to believe DJ, he rehearsed over 40 I thought, before they hit the road.

Board footer