You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Olorin wrote:

double post

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If true, looks like GNR Evo is gonna have to get its hands on the UMG release forecast like we did two years ago. Albums don't get released unless they show up on that internal memo. If its not on the coming forecast, its not coming out this summer.

That was a very good move on this site's part.

The self-titled idea might work against them, but it's a hell of a lot better than CD II.  16

If this is true, 2010 is going to be an incredible year for music.  Now let's hope the rumors about SG working on a new album in Seattle are true.  9

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I won't even believe it then.  Axl said that CD was coming for years before it actually came out.

That said, if there is an album, he will HAVE to work with someone to promote it because the album is not going to sell itself.

Tours are the best promotion when it comes to selling albums! And that's what GNR are doing now... Axl is obviously working with his new management and various promotors all over the world.

So Axl and GNR have actually been doing a good job since december of last year. They just have too keep going! And it looks like they're doing just that, wouldn't you say buzzsaw?  smile

Ummm...no.  Maybe if they were playing music from the upcoming album, but they aren't.  In fact, they are barely playing anything off their most recent album.

Define "barely anything".

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Just keep Bucket on.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I apologize in advance for partaking in this discussion or even bringing it back up because I absolutely loathe the setlist complaints.  BUT, I was thinking the other day, why certain songs weren't being played.  I mean I can totally understand them not playing TWAT or Riad because of how difficult those can be vocally for Axl.  And even though they played Scraped and Shackler's a fair amount, those can be difficult too so I could understand them shying away from those too.  Obviously CD, Better, SOD, and Maddy seem to be staples played at nearly every show.  Then you get one or a combination of Sorry, ITW, and TIL.  But I'm slightly surprised they don't play IRS, CITR, or Prostitute hardly at all.  I don't feel any of those songs are all that difficult for Axl to pull off live, so I wonder why they don't take a stab at them. 

I think the setlist complainers would soften a little if they played the 4 staples and then mixed in 2-3 others out of the IRS, CITR, Prostitute, Sorry, ITW, TIL mix.  Of course people would still complain about no TWAT or too much Maddy or the sun rises in the east. 

Anyhow, that would be my only real area of concern.

Quoted for faldor since he forgot what even he saw as a possible concern...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Look at the setlists.  I don't have to define it for you when all you have to do is some homework.

6 out of 19 songs/a third of the setlist.

I'm not saying that's good or bad. That's the fact. Everyone come to their own conclusions.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Look at the setlists.  I don't have to define it for you when all you have to do is some homework.

6 out of 19 songs/a third of the setlist.

I'm not saying that's good or bad. That's the fact. Everyone come to their own conclusions.

If they were always doing 6, I might agree that it isn't a problem.  The other question is why are they down to 19 songs?  I'm not following it carefully, but when the tour started, were they playing more than 19 songs or were they just wasting a lot of time between songs to have 3+ hour shows?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I'd rather speculate on CD2.

Anyone else think it would be wild if they dropped it right before Reading & Leeds?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Gong wrote:

I'd rather speculate on CD2.

Anyone else think it would be wild if they dropped it right before Reading & Leeds?

I think it would be wild if they released any new music sometime in the next 2 years.  I'm also holding out hope that the good songs were saved for the follow-up (for some reason).

Board footer