You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Look at the setlists.  I don't have to define it for you when all you have to do is some homework.

6 out of 19 songs/a third of the setlist.

I'm not saying that's good or bad. That's the fact. Everyone come to their own conclusions.

If they were always doing 6, I might agree that it isn't a problem.  The other question is why are they down to 19 songs?  I'm not following it carefully, but when the tour started, were they playing more than 19 songs or were they just wasting a lot of time between songs to have 3+ hour shows?

First of all, I didn't say if it was or wasn't a probelm, just putting facts out there so we can discuss facts not make up our own.

From what I can tell, 5 was the minimum. I found 5 once. 6 is fairly common, more common is 7, but I picked 6 as the average.

When they played Asia, yeah, they played like 10 or more.

I'm not going to any so I don't really care.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm also holding out hope that the good songs were saved for the follow-up (for some reason).

But what constitutes a good song?

Some folks consider Shackler's and This I Love as the 2 best songs on the album - for me, they are the 2 worst.

I think CD2 will be more of the same.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I agree with that. I've learned my lesson.

Sky Dog wrote:

I heard Axl is working on 70 songs.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It would be fun, when no one expects GN'R to do anything, because they're so predictable, that suddenly an album is on the way...

But like in the original post - grain of salt. We've been down this road, and we know the score.

If Axl's truely serious about going on with this 2009-10 incarnation, which seems to have them most fire of any since 1993, self-titling the next album would be a ballsy move to say "this is GN'R". But I don't think you get that vibe if you're just recycling material from the Bucket/Finck era. The original CD era. You do that with fresh material with the current band.

And personally, if that rumor were true about him "not liking what he's hearing from them" on their original compositions... umm... fire them? And not release an album? Makes sense to me. Why keep around guys, you don't think are cutting it in the studio, and certaintly why have those same live musicians re-record or lay over Bucket/Finck stuff in the studio? Why not just BEG for Bucket & Finck back, and throw them a check that'd make 'em hit their knees and weep.

There's alot of iffy stuff in the original post, but hey... certaintly is the most interesting GN'R talk in awhile.

Plus, i'd like to add, if Axl seriously wants to promote, he's STILL gonna need a HIT on the next record. If Alice In Chains can have Your Decision sit #1 on the rock charts for a LONG time, I think GN'R can do it too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Are we really even worried or concerned about GNR having a hit at this point? I consider the majority of songs on CD to be great, and obviously not radio friendly. The singles and probably the album will perform average to above average on the charts. Probably really good on the Rock charts, not the mainstream. Like CD. I don't see that changing with future releases.

EDIT: I think CD performed better than above average, it was pretty fucking good. But I consider a huge hit is 700 thousand to over a million in "American" sales. I don't see that happening. Not trying to diminish what CD did, though.

Having a hit doesn't concern me. Probably doesn't concern the record label. They'll make a comfortable profit from it. I just want a killer album.

And I want to hear General and Atlas.

Sky Dog wrote:

I wanna hear Eulogy of a Broken Heart.....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Are we really even worried or concerned about GNR having a hit at this point? I consider the majority of songs on CD to be great, and obviously not radio friendly. The singles and probably the album will perform average to above average on the charts. Probably really good on the Rock charts, not the mainstream. Like CD. I don't see that changing with future releases.

EDIT: I think CD performed better than above average, it was pretty fucking good. But I consider a huge hit is 700 thousand to over a million in "American" sales. I don't see that happening. Not trying to diminish what CD did, though.

Having a hit doesn't concern me. Probably doesn't concern the record label. They'll make a comfortable profit from it. I just want a killer album.

And I want to hear General and Atlas.

Yeah, but you don't want your band to be considered a "dead, mistake". Especially in the U.S., no one knows these guys are alive. Touring success as been modest at best, and CD was a modest hit. They haven't been currently touring the states...

Logic says you drop a really catchy radio-friendly track on them, in order to grab attention.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I won't even believe it then.  Axl said that CD was coming for years before it actually came out.

That said, if there is an album, he will HAVE to work with someone to promote it because the album is not going to sell itself.

Tours are the best promotion when it comes to selling albums! And that's what GNR are doing now... Axl is obviously working with his new management and various promotors all over the world.

So Axl and GNR have actually been doing a good job since december of last year. They just have too keep going! And it looks like they're doing just that, wouldn't you say buzzsaw?  smile

Ummm...no.  Maybe if they were playing music from the upcoming album, but they aren't.  In fact, they are barely playing anything off their most recent album.

Well my point was, gnr ARE working with people to promote the current album.

Or more correctly, they have an album out to promote the tour! smile  Because in this digital age with poor recordsales across all genres, an album is in fact promotion for the  tour/band!

And c'mon buzzsaw... you can't seriously mean that the band aren't playing a good amount of ChiDem so far this tour! That's just not accurate and you damn well know it!

They are doing the same as every other band that is out touring, a good mix of new songs and their biggest hits to try and please the people that are attending the shows!

Board footer