You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Trouble in Bucketheadland?

bigbri wrote:

Axlin08 started it this time.

Let's end it here. Frankly, it's much more interesting to speculate about what's going in with Buckethead than in if GNR is really GNR or if Izzy or Slash is more important, because they all are average without the other.

Maybe it's a medical issue for Bucket. That sounds like his way of explaining it. Then again, when does he ever send out personal messages? Never.

So, it's very confusing. Mysterious.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You're not talking about BH, are you? Because these words do not describe him at all.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You're not talking about BH, are you? Because these words do not describe him at all.

Haha, right, I guess that's the point. But to have this type of "communication" when generally there is none is odd.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Oh God here we go again.. *facepalm*

I know, I know, I know. I'm sorry. I'm usually better at avoiding the bait. And I'm not even a big BH fan, but those comments make me chuckle. Once more; my bad.

The 'Slash who?' comments are very disturbing, I wish it'd stop.

I think Myles sings better today than Axl Rose, but I'd NEVER make az 'Axl who?' comment. Ron is techincally better than Slash, BH, too, and Fortus is miles above Izzy. There were thousand musicians even back in the day who were 'better' than the GN'R guys, if we see it as some kind of Olympics and not art. But the music of Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy was out-standing, unique and alive. They were the true Guns N' Roses. WTTJ and SCOM made Guns N' Roses, not Shackler's Revenge and Scraped. This 'Guns N' Roses Mangement Game' is ridiculous. I think Axl should sign the whole Dream Theater, Rush, Pink Floyd and David Beckham, too. roll

All I was saying was the fanboy dream combo of Ron & BH in GN'R at the same time, would make me go "Slash who?" I wasn't saying "Slash who" in the straight up sense. As a matter of fact, I can remember going on a tirade back many months ago because someone tried to say Robin > Slash, and I just lost it, for whatever reason.

Oh, and FYI, on NO planet, NO universe, NO dimension of existance is Richard Fortus better than Izzy Stradlin. None.

Hell Tobias is better than Fortus

-------

Now back on topic, BH's situation is probably a medical issue. That's what I got from that picture. The GN'R writing thing is a bit of a stretch, because Ron ain't goin' nowhere, and I doubt Axl would have two technical shredders in the band. However... BH did contribute soulful, bluesy stuff to songs like If The World & Sorry. So maybe he can be that jack of all trades in that hypothetical scenario.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think the Fortus > Izzy is in a technical sense, not in any other way...at least that's how I took it.  But since we're talking about a rhythm player (for the most part), technical ability is far less important than writing and complimenting the play of the lead guitarist.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Show me where he plays something like that James Bond cover and i'll agree big_smile

Regarding slash, his contribution to the band is so fundemental i'm not even going to start to defend it, to minimise it is madness 9 But it sounds like you were really just sayng Ron and Bucket would be cool - which it would!

As for bucket, it really reads like an illness to me, but i dont really know how he writes in general.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Show me where he plays something like that James Bond cover and i'll agree big_smile

Regarding slash, his contribution to the band is so fundemental i'm not even going to start to defend it, to minimise it is madness 9 But it sounds like you were really just sayng Ron and Bucket would be cool - which it would!

As for bucket, it really reads like an illness to me, but i dont really know how he writes in general.

I don't think Axlin08's comment wasn't meant to diminish Slash's contribution to GNR, and I know my comment wasn't either.

It would just be incredible to see Ron and Bucket on stage together because they are both amazing players and did a lot of good for GNR.

If you'd like I could take it one step further and say Slash, Ron and Bucket... but that would be too much for that band to handle. 

Back on topic, Slip Disc could have kinda taking  a medical problem he's had to deal with for a lot of years and dealing with it by turning it into one of his enemies.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

How exactly does Buckethead have "enemies" or whatever?  I mean I get not liking someone, but superheroes have enemies.  Grown men have people they don't like.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

How exactly does Buckethead have "enemies" or whatever?  I mean I get not liking someone, but superheroes have enemies.  Grown men have people they don't like.

Pardon the expression, but doesn't bucket fancy himself a superhero of sorts?

It's just part of the Buckethead story. The crazy thing about Bucket. He requires his listeners to use their imagination.

Board footer