You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Trouble in Bucketheadland?

Mikkamakka wrote:

That line-up was the sloppiest GN'R live line-up ever. The songs fell apart all the time. They improved a lot by 2006 and now they are tighter than ever.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No way. They were sloppy because Robin was up there. They're sloppy now, because DJ's up there.

No reason to blame Bucket & Richard when they were doing good work, and Bucket was doing great work.

Even Ron was sloppy in 2006 as he got his bearings. He's far better now with Guns in the present day, than initially. Although I will say in Ron's defense, it's far harder to duplicate Bucket's work than Slash's.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they are far from sloppy right now....2010 is the best yet of the new era...and i've been fortunate enough to have seen all 3 CD tours 16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't blame BH for the sloppines, although he didn't show too much interest in playing the (old) songs, when it wasn't about the solos. Paul Tobias was tragedy, and it took some time for Richard to learn the songs right. Everybody knows my opinion about Robin's playing, but he improved a lot by 2006. Brain often fucked up the songs in 2001-2002, the YCBM disaster is the prime example.

The 2001-2002 line-up wrote CD and recorded the majority of it, nobody questions that, but they were the worst live line-up ever in the band's history.

BTW it isn't easy to replicate Slash's parts. The notes can be played, but nobody can play it as soulful or energetic, not to mention that _Slash_wrote_those_songs. It's not the hat that wins those best guitarist of all time votes, it's the guitar player. 21

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Buckethead was probably bored with playing old GN'R songs. When you play something, that you literally dumb-down your ability to play, and play it perfectly... shit... he must've felt like playing Guitar Hero on Easy, No Fail Mode... playing GN'R songs.

And I give credit, Slash did write them. Slash still today blows my mind when I listen to the studio outro's to both Nightrain & Paradise City. I just think Bucket did it better. No reason that's not possible. GNR's Live and Let Die is better than Wings.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he got bored by playing like 20 gigs? 16

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Neemo wrote:

he got bored by playing like 20 gigs? 16

I dont know about him but I was bored of hearing KOHD after 5 times 15 yrs ago..  If I never hear it again, but then thats too much to hope for.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bucket was probably already pissed by that time. He was supposed to be the lead guy, then Robin came back and they're back to sharing lead duties. I don't listen to many of those boots, don't have many at all. I'm bored listening to them play old songs in that era. They must have been too.

BTW, I wonder how you could tell if Bucket was "interested" in these songs. He's not a run-around-the-stage player in a band setting. He's not flashy. He sticks to his pedals, his place on the stage.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not sure what to make of this. Like already mentioned, it's probably just a new chapter in Buckethead's story but it does make you wonder.

I remember something about "slipdisc" a few years ago when first getting into his work and reading Saul's site. He warned people about "slipdisc type traders". Even though I'm a big fan, I have not followed the Buckethead saga nearly as closely as other hardcore fans. I'm pleased just by listening to some of his albums. Never really felt the need to dive into the story. Got Secret Recipe on Netflix last year and was bored by the whole thing. Other than a few moments, I found it unwatchable.

On Saul's site, when you type the word 'friend', it actually shows up as 'bot'. Thought that was kinda funny.

Board footer