You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: for the the posters that doesnt like others complaining about Ron

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I really do think that Ron fans are the biggest jackasses and cry babies ever when it comes to guns n roses.

You're basically attacking a segment of fans for no reason. While I dislike Fortus and have made fun of Nesquick type nuts, I would never pigeonhole his entire fan base as "jackasses and crybabies".

That was flame bait pure and simple. You could have easily made your point without taking it to that level.

Ron is a member here, and while he obviously does not read the site regularly, he does lurk from time to time and has chatted with fans here and also done interviews.

The guy knows this is basically a chicken ranch where Bucket is God, yet walked into a chat room full of these people and hung out for HOURS at a time.

That took balls, and no one harassed him because he was very cool and answered the questions thrown at him.

When was the last time Finck(or anybody) did such a thing?

He's a member here, and member of GNR or not, deserves a certain amount of respect like ALL members here.

dave-gnfnr wrote:

And yes Olorin is a newbie, he was not here back in 1999 or even 2002 when Axl started playing gigs and releasing music with a new version of gnr.

BULLSHIT. He isn't a newbie, and even if he joined yesterday, it doesn't invalidate his opinion.

This site doesn't operate like the others. Post counts(or karma points) aren't status symbols. All people are welcome here as long as they follow the few basic rules in place.

dave-gnfnr wrote:

pussy Ron fans

Dave, I've never had a problem with you and have known you forever, but you're walking on thin ice with that comment and I'm about to put this thread out of its misery.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

You can lock this thread, that is cool, and my point about pussy ron fans was out of line, but people should really stop with calling others trolls if they don't agree with someones point of view.  And yes it was flame bait but only talking about the ones that call me a troll, or hater, that is also flame bait is it not?

We can just lock this thread and move on. Its probably for the best.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

You can lock this thread, that is cool, and my point about pussy ron fans was out of line, but people should really stop with calling others trolls if they don't agree with someones point of view.  And yes it was flame bait but only talking about the ones that call me a troll, or hater, that is also flame bait is it not?

I admire your balls, but when you make an attack on a famous person their fans will always react strongly, makes threads that bash ppl absolute warzones.

Why not just make a thread on how Great Bucket is? RAther than how bad BBF is?. Bit of positivity goes a long way

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Neemo wrote:

as for CITR leak vs album version...album version owns IMO...i didnt even care for the song before the album came out...besides the leak was such shit quality i dont even know how anyone can hear enough to even critique that version TBH...in a day and age where people cant live without the absoute highest bitrate on songs its really amusing to hear that shit version is favored over a finished product..also id rather havea member of gnr play the song than a guest any day...besides brian may isnt that great anyway...there...something new for you guys to bitch about 16

The leak even with its poor quality  still sounds and flows way better than the album version. The album version is such a mess, its just a bunch of noise now and has zero feeling.  It does not matter how much better the quality of the album version is over the leak, everything about the leak was much better. 

Brian May is a decent guitar player, not as good as BH that is for sure, maybe he gave the song feeling, where as Ron and even Robin ruined his solos. 

Its just like the UYI demos, sure the quality of demos are not as good as the album versions but the Dont Cry demo is far superior to the album version.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I admire your balls, but when you make an attack on a famous person their fans will always react strongly, makes threads that bash ppl absolute warzones.

Why not just make a thread on how Great Bucket is? RAther than how bad BBF is?. Bit of positivity goes a long way

This thread may have been my fault since the wording may not have been the best, it was not to bash Ron at all.

It was for the people who just want to call me a troll or what not to keep it in this thread instead other thread that discuss his playing ability. 

People need to learn to debate someones opinion and not just call them names because they cannot write an opinion why they disagree.

johndivney wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

This thread may have been my fault since the wording may not have been the best, it was not to bash Ron at all.

It was for the people who just want to call me a troll or what not to keep it in this thread instead other thread that discuss his playing ability. 

People need to learn to debate someones opinion and not just call them names because they cannot write an opinion why they disagree.

lol. ur previous thread to begin with was about terrible it is that axl doesn't communicate with the fans as much as some of the other band members, not about ron's playing.
someone with your history should have realised a long time ago how little axl corresponds with the outside world. now, there are only two reasonable conclusions to draw when a person as long in the tooth as yourself is broadcasting such thoughts like they are a ghastly revelation, 1: you're an idiot who never learns, 2: you're trolling looking for attention.

surely by this stage you've got your attention quota filled for a couple of months & then you'll be back come the US tour saying how awful it is they don't have a video to support the tour or they don't play tv shows or do interviews yada yada yada looking for more attention.

Board footer