You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Classical Music (Bach, Beethoven et al)

Neemo wrote:

haha this may sound a bit strange, but i wanna check out some classical music, any suggestions?

I got my daughter a Vivaldi CD and a Tchaikovsky cd and i wanna check out some other stuff....gimme some suggestions 9

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I was never able to get into classical, but with how my musical taste has been starting to change over the past few years(less metal and more mellow) I would not be surprised if I am at Beethoven forums within the next 10 years.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

Since I played piano at age 5, I could say Chopin, but I'd opt for Listz, hehehehehe ! smile

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well i was given a suggestion to start with Mozart...and for $10 i got a 5 cd set, and there is some cool stuff on it, pretty relaxing surprisingly, I go into like this little trance its captivating

anyway, its pretty cool stuff, and you can pick out influences in modern music too

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I love classical music but I'm far from an expert on it.  I've bought several collections, they're always pretty cheap.  Some pieces I love are:

Romeo and Juliet - Prokofiev
Bolero - Ravel
The hall of the mountain king from peer gynt - Grieg
Carmina burana - Orff
And others that i can hear the music to, but not think of the names.  I will post again when my brain starts working.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

the Tchaikovsky CD i have has like one romeo and Juliet peice on it, Fantasy #2 or something 16 but yeah its pretty cool to listen to, there is this one guy vitolo or somethign that was mentioned on Metal: A headbangers Journey as being like the great great grandfather to metal cuz he used alot of low end sounds and it sounds pretty evil i guess....i wannna check his stuff out, but i'm so new to this its like...OMG where do i begin. the mozart stuff i bought is neat but i think i'd prefer a whole symphony to like parts of 12 different ones, I'd equate a whole symphony to an album, and i prefer albums to singles usually so yeah....anyway there is this 5 cd Beethoven thing i saw with like all 9 symphonies for like $10, i might check that out next big_smile But i'll keep an eye out for those guys you mentioned LLL wink

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

of course i know carmina burana though

duh-duh duh-duh duh-duh duh-duh duh da da 14

anyway the song names are funny Piano Concerto No9 in E Flat Major 16

imagine if November Rain was called like

Piano Sonata w/ 2 Guitars in E Flat? that would be like the coolest name ever 16

Board footer