You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Shacklers Revenge on radio

DCK wrote:

Just heard Shacklers on radio. But, what was *fun* was the commentators comments, it went something like this:

You know, Axl?
Yeah?
The guy who forced his bandmembers to give away the name to him, and then destroyed the band?
Yes, him..yes...
He hired some guy with a mask too..
Yes..
And used like 15 years to make an album.
He may come to Bergen and Oslo..may or may not. I don't know..
We have to celebrate with playing a song...
Yes, from Chinese Democracy
*plays Shacklers Revenge*
Yes, that was GNR who may or may not come to Bergen and Oslo...
Hey, we will now get tons of angry mails from GNR fans..
Yes, because they are so angry all the time.
Yes, because if we don't say Axl is a genious or how Chinese is the best album ever, they get mad.
But that's cool, we like dedicated people..
Last time he was here, we waited for like...2 hours after the warm up band before they came on..
Yeah...
Hey, you know Danko Jones?
Yeah, they're great.
Yeah, the singer doesn't do crap like this.
He just shows up and sing..
We like that.

Funny how Danko Jones just warmed up for GNR in Canada...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

DJ's know what their program directors tell them to think.

DCK

DCK wrote:

I actually don't think the program directors told him anything. That idiot just spreads crap because he THINK he knows shit. I told him off on Twitter saying his words were polarized and one-sided. He simply said Axl treated his fans like shit. I got even more mad. No one can tell me if Axl treats ME like shit or not. Fucking dork.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The point is DJ's don't know jack shit.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

DJ's absolutely suck, for the most part.  That's why satellite radio is so great.  Sure the DJ's still come on a couple times an hour and sometimes say something stupid but it's much less than your average wacky radio DJ who tries his best to be witty for 15 minutes at a time.  Oh god, how I don't miss terrestrial radio one bit.  I just hope Howard Stern doesn't leave at the end of the year because satellite will be a helluva lot less relevant.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I know I'm a nutswinger but the bottom line to me is even if he does treat me like shit, he can get away with it cos he's better than most singers.

I'd rather wait 4 hrs and get someone with the intensity and abilities of Axl than 5 mins for someone with half his ability. But that's just my way of looking at it I guess.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The thing with Axl/GNR is you know what to expect.  You know the show may not start until midnight, he may walk off the stage, there may be a riot.  Things you don't expect at other shows.

Not that that makes it right.  But I don't get the point of people getting all upset for them going on late.  They've been doing it for 20 years.  You know what you're getting into if you buy a ticket.  I went to a Pearl Jam show the other night and they went on shortly after 8pm.  I missed the opening song because I was stuck in the beer line.  My point of view may be skewed, but I'd almost prefer getting ALL my drinking done before the show so when the band takes the stage I can focus on them.  When/if GNR goes on at 11pm, the beer stands won't be open for much longer, if at all.  Pearl Jam forced me to make countless trips to get beers at $8 a pop.  Bastards!

DCK

DCK wrote:

He just gave off the same media anti- GNR mantra. Late on, cancellations, unreliable frontman, running backstage all the time, needing oxgen. Its like he reads a script from someone and then keeps repeating it

Sky Dog wrote:

George Jones turned the late cancellations, drunken redneck divorces, no shows, in to a Hall Of Fame, one of the Greatest Singers EVER career. To me, Axl falls in that category...same with Sly Stone, and a handful of others. What makes them great also makes them difficult to handle.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
DCK wrote:

He just gave off the same media anti- GNR mantra. Late on, cancellations, unreliable frontman, running backstage all the time, needing oxgen. Its like he reads a script from someone and then keeps repeating it

Doesn't make it not true.

Board footer