You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Weiland Arrested Again

James wrote:

"I don't think anymore about getting high."

Yeah, sure.:butt:

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

I have to say I think there is "Trouble" in "Paradise City"

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Scott and his goddamn orange juice:headbang: I always said if he fell off the wagon again, at this point in his career and life, it would be the end for him. I still believe that. I feel sorry for the man, honestly, because it's a terrible illness and I'm sure he'd rather not be throwing away his career and family. Still, DUI is no small matter, and it's not the first time. Damn Scott, stop getting behind the wheel. I hope he cleans himself up. I really hope he can pull this one around somehow, but I doubt it. I think VR is over, which sucks, because I'm actually a really big fan. I don't think Scott has much time left in him, honestly. At this rate, this man'll die young a junkie.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

This is a bad thing for Weiland.

Here's the skinny on the last DUI incident, which earned him a six-month stint in rehab, as well as a three-year probation. Since he's a repeat violator, it's more certain than not that this will come down to him hard. Worst case scenario is that all VR activity is shut down for several months as Weiland would go back to rehab - at any case, if found guilty, he may experience some difficulty in leaving the country to meet foreign tour dates.

He goes to court on Dec. 13th, which could mean VR'll cancel/postpone the Universal City show set for 12/12. If found guilty, I expect we don't hear much of him for the next six months to one year. By that time the Libertad ship has sailed, and Slash & Duff have gotten fed up with this kind of crap.

At the moment, I'd say its debatable whether VR will continue to exist next year.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and misdemeanor hit-and-run following a traffic collision that occurred in Hollywood Monday morning, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal.
The singer, who turned 36 on Oct. 27, was driving alone near the corner of Melrose and Orange avenues at approximately 6:30 a.m. when he lost control of his BMW and struck several parked cars. He allegedly attempted to leave the scene of the accident and was quickly apprehended by police.

Weiland was released from jail Monday afternoon after posting $15,000 bail and is scheduled to be arraigned in Los Angeles Municipal Court on November 17.

Prior to his latest arrest, Weiland had completed most of the drug testing and counseling required after he pleaded no contest in August to two felony drug-possession charges. Judge Colette Serio told the singer in a Pasadena, California, court last week that he may remain free while he tries to kick his habit, but that could change should he not test clean. He was due back in court for another progress report in January. - 10/29/03

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

As an STP and VR fan I throw my hands up in exasperation.
What the fuck does this guy need to fly right? How many chances does any body need?
He almost lost his wife and kids before, he lost his band, a big chunk of money and here he is, back at it AGAIN!!!
Fucking selfish, weak willed fool.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:
sic. wrote:

At the moment, I'd say its debatable whether VR will continue to exist next year.

Have to agree on that one,don't think Slash n Duff would want to deal with this.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It's a pretty big shame - it doesn't make things look too good (if they weren't troubled already) for VR.

Pretty disappointing.

Intercourse wrote:

As an STP and VR fan I throw my hands up in exasperation.
What the fuck does this guy need to fly right? How many chances does any body need?
He almost lost his wife and kids before, he lost his band, a big chunk of money and here he is, back at it AGAIN!!!
Fucking selfish, weak willed fool.

It's amazing isn't it.    It's unbelieveable how an addiction can ruin your life, over and over and over again and the person knows this but just can't stop.   

I have to say, this is the best few years he's had but he is rapidly losing the achievements he gained with his sobriety.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

"I don't think anymore about getting high."

Yeah, sure.:butt:

He may not think about it any more.  It may be such a habit that he just does it without thinking about it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing about junkies is that they've never really kicked it for good, they've only ever kicked it for each day at a time. There's always a potential to undo it all in any given second.

This is terrible news, both for scott and his family, and the extended band, and fans of the band.

It will be interesting to see how Slash and Duff respond to this. One one had, as former drug users themselves they will have a lot of sympathy for exactly how easy it is to get stuck on drugs. Then again from his book it seems Slash doesn't like it when people's fucking around messes up their work - and canceling a tour due to drugs is not going to be considered cool at all with him I don't think.

I just hope the worst doesnt happen..and that Slash and or Duff let this setback to their band cause them to also have a relapse....Slash in particualr seems to functon best when he has a project. So if this does mean the end of VR - lets hope he gets stuck straight into the 3rd Snakepit record.

But I still hope somehow VR can rise above this....

What's the justice system in the usa like? Is Scott looking at guarenteed jail time now?

Board footer