You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: BP's top kill effort fails to plug Gulf oil leak

Axlin16 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Because that would be retarded.

And America's cowardice bought and paid for owned by big business workforce lives on... roll

That attitude right there is why nothing ever changes.

Enjoy your mininum wage, dependence on foreign oil, and letting BP and bible thumpers dictate how to live your life.

It's not feasible.  Because everyone is going to know that if they stay home and their co-worker goes in, well he or she is probably going to look way better when it comes time for a promotion. 

People are selfish.  And for that reason, it won't happen.  The only way it would work is if people were actually good and decent and cared about this more than they do themselves. 

And there's also a large portion of the economy that can't afford to miss a day.  There's also a surplus of workers right now.  It would be all too easy to fire the ones who didn't show up and throw in the ones who want a job.

I didn't really mean to take that out on CC, but I just get sick and tired every fucking day of hearing how "outraged the American people are", and yet they do fucking NOTHING to change anything!

They go about their daily lives, and keep doing the same fucking thing over and over.

They want change, but they don't want to do anything to enact. They don't want to give up their conviences.

I know it's impossible. I'm not stupid. But I just get tired of hearing how pissed the Americans are, but yet they don't want to do anything that will get shit done. And cleaning dirty pelicans and protesting DOES NOTHING.

You gotta get a gun, a stone, something.

bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

...and yet we'll still put gas in our cars.

If every America truely was pissed about this, every soul in this country would REFUSE tomorrow to go into work, and REFUSE to fill up their cars to do it.

The country and world's economy would come to a stand still.

Nobody's got the balls to do it.

I ride my bike to work.

Wonderful. You're gettin' a karma.

I walk whenever possible, even if it means miles.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I didn't really mean to take that out on CC, but I just get sick and tired every fucking day of hearing how "outraged the American people are", and yet they do fucking NOTHING to change anything!

They go about their daily lives, and keep doing the same fucking thing over and over.

They want change, but they don't want to do anything to enact. They don't want to give up their conviences.

I know it's impossible. I'm not stupid. But I just get tired of hearing how pissed the Americans are, but yet they don't want to do anything that will get shit done. And cleaning dirty pelicans and protesting DOES NOTHING.

Let's quit using plastic bags.  Who's joining me??

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Let's quit using plastic bags.  Who's joining me??

Yeah, I use resusable bags or paper.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

^^ Same here

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Axlin08 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

And America's cowardice bought and paid for owned by big business workforce lives on... roll

Enjoy your mininum wage, dependence on foreign oil, and letting BP and bible thumpers dictate how to live your life.

EVERYONE suffers when people refuse to work. It's not like you're some slave who's being forced to work just to avoid punishment. We work for the paycheck, and what it buys us. And the more that's produced, the more everyone has. If everything shut down, we'd all have nothing. Just because there are those with more to lose than us doesn't make us winners in that scenario.

I don't see what bible-thumpers have to do with anything, BP dictates nothing to me, in fact it seems like it's you who's spending your time being 'educated' and 'informed' about the spill. That means BP has more influence on your life than it does mine.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

up here in ontario they are working to ban plastic grocery bags...all the stores started charging a fee if you need them...thus it kinda forces people to buy reusables..for some odd reason we dont have paper grocery bags up here anymore hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been using paper since I was born. Never got into the plastic craze. Thought they were easy-to-rip pieces of crap to begin with.

Communist China wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

EVERYONE suffers when people refuse to work. It's not like you're some slave who's being forced to work just to avoid punishment. We work for the paycheck, and what it buys us. And the more that's produced, the more everyone has. If everything shut down, we'd all have nothing. Just because there are those with more to lose than us doesn't make us winners in that scenario.

I don't see what bible-thumpers have to do with anything, BP dictates nothing to me, in fact it seems like it's you who's spending your time being 'educated' and 'informed' about the spill. That means BP has more influence on your life than it does mine.

Ignorance is bliss I guess...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If you boycotted oil, you'd have to go back to the caveman days. Almost every product on the market is wrapped in oil's tight grip, so unless a technological breakthrough occurs, we're not giving up oil anytime soon.

While there are alternatives to oil, they simply aren't on a mass scale and cant be the successor to oil's throne.

This message is brought to you by oil, this computer is made by it, the tires on the semi that delivered our computers, food, clothing etc (also all made via oil) were made with it. It's endless.

That being said, I won't get any gas from BP, that's for damn sure. I did drive BP the other day and the place was half full. I can't believe so many people have a total disconnect here, especially in Florida, a state that may very well be ruined by this before we know it.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
DCK wrote:

Anyway on another note, I cannot believe Obama has the balls to go up against BP. This could get him assassinated, BP are notorious for their treatment of obstacles/rivals

He got balls.

Please. If he had balls, that geyser would have been nuked two months ago. I do understand the hesitancy in doing it, but the option should have been on the table day one. We're probably gonna have to nuke it in the future anyways, so get all the ducks lined up so it can be done in three shakes of a lamb's tail.

You should think about what you're saying here. No other president that I can think of has been able to do something like this. That money (and it's just the start) is able to compensate businesses/families for their loss RIGHT NOW. The other option would be to do nothing and allow everybody to lawyer up, keeping this shit in court for twenty years before BP settled for pennies on the dollar.

I thought Republicans were all about "Country first"? Now they are bellyaching because Obama got BP to pony up 20 BILLION dollars for Americans?

Do we really need another blow to an already fragile economy?

As usual the GOP offer up nothing but sour grapes and no solutions. What have they done to raise money for the effected areas thus far?

Really it's a shame as this SHOULD NOT be a political event. However what I see as a national disaster/ecological tragedy, the GOP view as an opportunity to score political points and take cheap shots. Shame on them.

buzzsaw wrote:

Am I the only person that doesn't really care about this?  I think 3/4 of the environmental shit is just made up to make people feel better about themselves.  Disasters happened long before man came along.  I wonder if T-Rex covered tar pits boiling over on their newscasts...

Well besides the ecological ramifications, which you seem to be acutely unaware of, it will have a devastating effect on the local economies associated with the gulf areas, and again indirectly to the vendors etc that supply those businesses. Push one domino over and many more fall afterwards. It's hardly as simple as some birds getting oil on their feathers (which is bad in it's own right) or dead fish coming ashore.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I never bought into the whole recycling, global warming hippie crowd.  While they are busy worrying about that, someone is going to start a nuclear war because they were too busy fixing stupid shit to do anything to stop the real threat and none of that eco-friendly crap is going to matter.

Board footer