You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.  DJ said the album "MIGHT" come out in 2011.  We heard the same thing about CD for 10 years running.  I do find it refreshing that they are confirming that they've at least been working on new songs though.  But as we learned from CD, even if those songs are finished it doesn't mean they'll be released right away.  Especially with how Axl slammed Universal for their mishandling of CD.  I wouldn't think GNR would be at the top of Uni's priority list.

Let this old Gunner translate that statement for 'ya...


"This is something we've done. Axl likes the instrumentals, but he has to write lyrics and melodies"

Which, anyone who followed CD knows can take over a decade. Guys like Dizzy, Richard, Tommy, Brain, and Chris among others pretty much confirmed every year that CD was 95% complete - there parts were complete. The only hold out was Axl.

My point is, DJ & Dizzy could have an all-new album with the new band waiting in the wings, as long as Axl isn't "in studio", it means nothing.

With that said, 2010 NEEDS a Guns N' Roses album. 2011 NEEDS a Guns N' Roses album. 2012 NEEDS a Guns N' Roses album. That is all. 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 643 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Let this old Gunner translate that statement for 'ya...

"This is something we've done. Axl likes the instrumentals, but he has to write lyrics and melodies"

Which, anyone who followed CD knows can take over a decade.

I agree. However I do think that's why it's positive that they've started...as whenever the instrumentals are complete we can then expect a wait while axl adds his magic, so the sooner they start the better in terms of getting shit done.

So my understanding is, there's already basicly a Chinese Democracy Two, which is about an album worth of songs in various stages of completion. So these are more songs from the original sessions, aka, Paul Huge, Bucket etc, except with the touches added by Bumble etc around 2007-8 or so...but just need finishing up.

Then ashba and co are now then writing another album from scratch, which you could say would be Chinese Democracy 3.

The question is, will one superseed the other, or will we end up with a blend of them.

I'm very excited about the prospect of any new music. In a way it's exciting to see what would be on CD3 as I think the current line up has great chemestry, but then again, I'd hate to see them throw away the  CD2 tracks...as you can bet there's more good stuff in there too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Axlin16 wrote:

My guess is the 2009-10 band album will be pushed up, and elements from "CD II" would be thrown in, most likely Axl's babies.

Then later, the third album would resurrect or re-record the lost CD vault material. If the 2009-10 band continued writing, then the CD vault stuff would just be scratched, and packed together in a box set.

But most likely Axl would sit on it, and cue the best material from it, most likely his personal stuff, and then that way he's never got to sit there and build all new songs, because he's sitting on years of material.

It might actually work out in our favor. "The band" starts churning out albums, and yet Axl's "magic" doesn't take much time to do in hand, because he's culling from both eras. We'd get more music, quicker.

In theory

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

My guess is the 2009-10 band album will be pushed up, and elements from "CD II" would be thrown in, most likely Axl's babies.

Then later, the third album would resurrect or re-record the lost CD vault material. If the 2009-10 band continued writing, then the CD vault stuff would just be scratched, and packed together in a box set.

But most likely Axl would sit on it, and cue the best material from it, most likely his personal stuff, and then that way he's never got to sit there and build all new songs, because he's sitting on years of material.

It might actually work out in our favor. "The band" starts churning out albums, and yet Axl's "magic" doesn't take much time to do in hand, because he's culling from both eras. We'd get more music, quicker.

In theory

Not to give Axl a complete pass, but I'm not so sure how much of the wait for CD was his fault.  I mean, sure he took his sweet time adding lyrics and such to the instrumentals in the process but most of his work seemed to be finished early on, such as there's not a huge difference from his vocals on the album to the leaks, etc.  You could certainly argue that he spent years tweaking the songs in other areas and adding Ron, Frank to the mix.  But who knows how or why the album didn't come out years earlier and if Axl would've allowed it to.  Maybe there was something else business related holding things up that we know nothing about and in the meantime Axl figured he'd continue to tinker with the songs until those things were cleared up.

That's obviously a rosy view of things, but with that being said.  Whatever happened, whether it was ALL Axl's doing, partly, or whatever.  Who's to say those same things won't happen again?

That's all a nice way of saying, "I wouldn't count on an album this year or the next.  If it happens, great, but history tells us to not get too excited."

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

war wrote:

unless cd2 (what's left of the bucket/finck era) is on par with cd1 or better, no way universal releases it "as is". the next release would be the best of everything available from all eras IMO (bucket, finck, ron, ashba).

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

bucketfan wrote:

If the CD sessions are scrapped to be replaced with Dizzy/Ashba shite, well then...

do-not-want-dog.jpg

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

gnfnraxl wrote:
bucketfan wrote:

If the CD sessions are scrapped to be replaced with Dizzy/Ashba shite, well then...

http://thingsifoundatthethriftstore.fil … nt-dog.jpg

I don't agree.  Haven't heard Ahba since he joined GNR but I'm always interested to hear what Axl has been able to come up with musically.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

mitchejw wrote:

Well..............

There are four tuedays left in June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA............AHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

unless cd2 (what's left of the bucket/finck era) is on par with cd1 or better, no way universal releases it "as is". the next release would be the best of everything available from all eras IMO (bucket, finck, ron, ashba).

I think the problem(s) may be the somewhat strained relationship between Axl and Universal.  They're probably not in a hurry to rush, release, and promote a new GNR CD after the entire saga of the last one.  And at the same time Axl probably wants more of a commitment from them than they got the last time.  I'd find it hard to believe that negotiations would be anything but long and arduous.

Plus, as people have pointed out in the past, the aura and mystique of CD and GNR's first album in 15 years is long gone now.  Universal doesn't have that built in promotion that helped the record sell as well as it did.  A second album probably wouldn't sell nearly as well even if it was worlds better than the first, assuming everything was handled in the same manner.

Gong
 Rep: 59 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Gong wrote:

lol whatever

I believe MSL before I believe Assba and Dizzy

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB