You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

BLS-Pride wrote:

All these years have taught us one thing.. Only believe it when Axl says it and even then it's a 50/50 shot.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bucketfan wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
bucket fan wrote:

If the CD sessions are scrapped to be replaced with Dizzy/Ashba shite, well then...

Dude, Dizzy had a BIG hand in making CD. A Dizzy Guns album would just be keeping the ball rolling. Assuming he has as much work in with the vault trx as he did with the CD trx.

Axlin, with all due respect I don't recall seeing Dizzy in any of the writing credits for CD.

Street of Dreams

Dizzy co-wrote the song with Axl & Tommy. The entire orchestral, synth, and piano arrangements (which are arguably the studio version's strongest quality), are all primarily credited to Dizzy.

There Was A Time

Dizzy co-wrote the song with Axl & Paul Huge. Keyboard and the synth arrangements are primarily credited to Dizzy. Dizzy also gets a secondary credit on the song's orchestration. Pretty big, considering it's universally considered the best track on the album.

I.R.S.

Dizzy co-wrote the song with Axl & Paul, although other than keyboards, i'm not really sure what his contributions were.

Madagascar

Dizzy's given a secondary credit for the orchestral arrangement, although it was written by Marco Beltrami.

Prostitute

Dizzy's given credits on the orchestra and synth arrangements.

That's 3 songs he's got co-writing credits on, and 5 in total he's given credit for the structural nature of the song.

Obviously he's not Axl Rose, but I would say having that kind of hand in an album, definitely shows his influence. Not to mention, anything coming out the vault possibly can date back to the late 90's, and in those days only Axl, Dizzy & Chris regularly working on the album, and DJ & Dizzy are the ones teaming up right now, I think it's significant to give him credit. Not to mention, he plays on every track on CD, except Sorry.

Anyman with a co-writing credit on TWAT, I wouldn't shake my fist at.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7377&p=1

according to ascap...the official, legal 'writing credits" industry organization, Dizzy has 6 credits on Chinese. Bucket has 4. The Gnr fanbase always has such a hazy memory.

If you add in OMG, Dizzy has 7 writing credits of the 15 total new Gnr songs....hardly a sideman.:/

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
bucketfan wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dude, Dizzy had a BIG hand in making CD. A Dizzy Guns album would just be keeping the ball rolling. Assuming he has as much work in with the vault trx as he did with the CD trx.

Axlin, with all due respect I don't recall seeing Dizzy in any of the writing credits for CD.

Street of Dreams

Dizzy co-wrote the song with Axl & Tommy. The entire orchestral, synth, and piano arrangements (which are arguably the studio version's strongest quality), are all primarily credited to Dizzy.

There Was A Time

Dizzy co-wrote the song with Axl & Paul Huge. Keyboard and the synth arrangements are primarily credited to Dizzy. Dizzy also gets a secondary credit on the song's orchestration. Pretty big, considering it's universally considered the best track on the album.

I.R.S.

Dizzy co-wrote the song with Axl & Paul, although other than keyboards, i'm not really sure what his contributions were.

Madagascar

Dizzy's given a secondary credit for the orchestral arrangement, although it was written by Marco Beltrami.

Prostitute

Dizzy's given credits on the orchestra and synth arrangements.

That's 3 songs he's got co-writing credits on, and 5 in total he's given credit for the structural nature of the song.

Obviously he's not Axl Rose, but I would say having that kind of hand in an album, definitely shows his influence. Not to mention, anything coming out the vault possibly can date back to the late 90's, and in those days only Axl, Dizzy & Chris regularly working on the album, and DJ & Dizzy are the ones teaming up right now, I think it's significant to give him credit. Not to mention, he plays on every track on CD, except Sorry.

Anyman with a co-writing credit on TWAT, I wouldn't shake my fist at.

lol

ok point taken.

I'd still rather Bucket on the album than Ashba though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

but the sixx:am album is pretty fucking good imo

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I like Dizzy, and SixxAM does have some good tunes.  I would think though with DJ as a writer, the songs would be MUCH simpler, and that isn't bad!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I would like Bucket on Use Your Illusion, but it just ain't gonna happen.

Axl's proven he's very fond of Bucket artistically. There's a reason Bucket was side-by-side with him on liner notes, and not because of a mistake, and not because Shackler's Revenge was cut 2. Just my belief.

Bucket was only in the band for three years, been out for four before the album's release, and yet was still heavily featured throughout the album.

Axl will do what Axl feels he should do. But if Axl is dusting off CD vault tracks to rework for the next album, if Bucket's stuff is amazing, i'm sure it'll remain intact.

The only thing to this day that perplexes me is... why did Ron redo Shackler's, yet Bucket is heavily credited in it, and pictured with it. hmm

The bottom line is the trio of DJ/Ron/Rich is your next Guns N' Roses album. Just the way it is. My guess is the vault stuff will be more technical, and more artistically appreciated, whereas the new 2009-10 stuff will be more modern, straight-forward, and radio ready. Just a guess.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The bottom line is the trio of DJ/Ron/Rich is your next Guns N' Roses album.

Blech.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

"It may come out in 2011," Ashba tells BA.

We heard the same thing about Chinese Democracy in 1999.

Manets wrote:
Neemo wrote:

COOL STUFF IF TRUE!!

but is it new orig material? or old CD stuff with more layers added?

even if it is old stuff it would be better IMHO if they just got the current band in the studio to rerecord it from scratch..maybe have a song or two totally new, like written since 07 ish

edit, i saw that lst paragraph in manets post after my response..still the sentiment holds true smile

They worked on more than 1 CD at the same time. The next album is already finished. I find hard to believe that the 2010 rumored album WON'T have Buckethead, Robin Finck and Brian. The album Dizzy and Ashba are talking about is a different CD. The 2010 CD will be with the 06/08 line-up.

I have several bridges I'd like to sell you if you think this band is gonna release two albums in two years.

Saying the next album is "finished" means nothing. We were told ten years ago that two albums were finished.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

By Axl himself no less, who seems to get a pass while Dizwald & Fortus are picked on.

Board footer