You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: SLASH Says New VELVET REVOLVER Material Is ‘A Lot Heavier’

Gong wrote:
faldor wrote:

Axlin actually brings up an interesting point.  Who will release an album first/next?  VR or GNR?

GN'R

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well I quite like the song "Nothing to Say" off Slash's solo album with M Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold.  I wouldn't mind hearing a few faster, heavier songs like that from Slash.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think VR may have their new singer already...he's just busy right now touring with the lead guitarist.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Slash's solo band is half of VR... it ain't gonna happen daddio.

Myles Kennedy fronting VR, is not gonna make a record label go, "hot damn, there's money to make". Trust me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I always thought scott had too much influence on the overall sound of VR, although I am a  fan of VR, i agree with duffs comments previously that they havn't made their best album yet.

After seeing Myles live i'm confident he'd make a killer frontman for VR, so let's hope that Buz is right. Slash duff and Matt have insane chemestry, and a heavier album with Myles on vocals....it's got a lot of potential.

Although the paranoia in me thinks there is some issue stopping it. Like that one of the others doesn't like him or something. As if it was going to happen, why hasn't it happened already....

As for the race between GNR and VR it's any man's guess. I couldn't tell you which will come first. But I do believe both of them will eventually put out another record.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If Slash's solo band is half of VR... it ain't gonna happen daddio.

Myles Kennedy fronting VR, is not gonna make a record label go, "hot damn, there's money to make". Trust me.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you have no idea.  Nobody is saying VR is ever going to be #1 on the charts.  I don't care.  I want to hear a VR album with a singer with range that won't force the rest of the band to be something they aren't.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah and the thing is that miles has that vocal range to give them new options, yet was very comftorable with the established material.

He also has that something I think, like he looks good alongside slash.

He's a legit frontman.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think VR may have their new singer already...he's just busy right now touring with the lead guitarist.

hope your right mate

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

As far as a "band" goes, I think Slash's "Band" sounds a lot better live than new GNR.  Current GNR live seems a lot more "sloppy" if you ask me.  I know in the studio with the old muscians CD sounded awesome, but DJ live is hit and miss, similar to Finck. 

I think Myles in VR would be fantastic as well.  I like the Slash album a lot, and I wouldn't mind seeing what Myles could do with a song like "Watch This".

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, the consensus seems to be that if Myles has the VR frontman gig, it would have been announced already, so maybe there is someone in VR who doesn't agree that he should be their singer.

Maybe it's Duff, and that's why he's taken off to Jane's perhaps...?

Board footer