You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: SLASH Says New VELVET REVOLVER Material Is ‘A Lot Heavier’

Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, can someone post the moggs on youtube?  I don't even know what a "mogg" is.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I agree as well.

Bucket was the guy who could bring them out of this Slash issue back in 2002. Disappointingly, a lot of GNR fan fuckheads never got it and the band wasn't able to release the album in proper time. So Bucket quit.

It's not really about replacing Slash, it's more about someone who can give what we want to the table. Bucket did that. DJ Ashba is the most promising guy since Bucket to come in, I'm still full of praise of him after Oslo. However, Ashba is different than Bucket. If there's anyone replacing Slash, it's Ashba. I always thought Bucket brought GNR into another dimension and didn't fill the Slash dimension, but rather just left it alone.

Ron, as great as he is with everything, doesn't either fill a void or take them into a new dimension.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree... Bucket is the real deal.  His solos own on CD, he is another class..  Slash and Bucket are guys you just don't "replace".  Ashba still has A LOT to prove to me...  This isn't Sixx AM, he better bring his A-game.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, can someone post the moggs on youtube?  I don't even know what a "mogg" is.

They break down the CD songs into Kick Drum, Snare Drum, Cymbal, Bass, Guitars, Vocals, and Additional Instruments (which is usually synth/piano, pro tools and/or backing vocals, and with a program like Audacity, you can mix it yourself.

It's not a master track, but it's close.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

WINNER, contest over this guy wins by Myles over the competition.

flubs the opening verse but who cares.. no teleprompt

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I keep saying it since I went to that MTV gig. Myles should be the frontman if it's at all possible. It's a simple as that. He has the range. He has the presence. He sounds good on Axl's and Scotts stuff. If they are looking for something better then they're embarking on a fool's errand....

At this point when you consider the vast range of material VR would want to do (ie Contraband, AFD, Libbetad, Selected UYI, and a new album) the guy is esentially a better fit for the purpose than Axl or Scott themselves as utterly insane as that is.

I'm not saying he's better than Axl. I'm saying given they are going to want to play old VR songs and also GNR. I don't think its going to get better than myles.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yep, Myles is the man, I hope he gets the job for VR, or at least continues to make new music with Slash again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He should get Myles and tour as 'Guns'

That's the name 'Guns'

Call Izzy, Duff, Matt & Teddy... bam, Axl starts sweatin'. 9

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Guns! hahaha hot damn i can only imagine that lawsuit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yep, Myles is the man, I hope he gets the job for VR, or at least continues to make new music with Slash again.

Me too. I really liked Starlight and Back from Cali....be interested to see what he did with one of the heavier tracks.

Board footer