You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Belfast, Northren Ireland - August 31, 2010 (Odyssey Arena)

Olorin wrote:

Belfast's got a lot to live up to if it wants to beat this kinda atmosphere wink

[youtube]A1SDWg6w8UM&playnext=1&videos=wPlvAAvzwJo[/youtube]

[youtube]YztC5JM8oQA&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]ixXmAcxxLiI&playnext=1&videos=0s8o73qKIlE[/youtube]

[youtube]5tpIAZ2uGEY&playnext=1&videos=jupStqP-c84[/youtube]

Best gig I've been to by a mile. Since its Belfast's first time seeing GNR like it was Glesga's that night, mabye it could be as wild big_smile

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Got my ticket this morning. Out of curiousity, what number are your tickets? I see the number 330 on my ticket and I hope I'm not the 330th person to buy one.

johndivney wrote:

lol.. my ticket is #2..

i think there's a fair chance u are only the 330th person to buy a ticket!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Congrats to u guys. Hope you have fun!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If true, 330 tickets sold in 9 weeks is pretty much confirmation this will get canceled before showtime.

That number has got to mean something else. If not, ouch....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

There's no way. Tommy Stinson alone has to have more than 330 fans in that area.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

My Northern Irish mate was telling me last night its quite common for large parts of the community to wait until the day of the gig before buying tickets, almost like a custom or something... I dunno though, I'm worried it will get cancelled.
Northern Ireland is a very small country and a lot of the big bands and artists always seem to forget about it and dont play there, I would have expected this gig to sell pretty well, no GNR line up has ever played there.
I was hoping this gig was gonna be a highlight of the tour, cause of the novelty factor, Belfast people being mental and GNR in town for the first time, I thought the place would be buzzing.
Epecially with the, everything but the kitchen sink, approach Axl and the band have been throwing into promotion... roll

johndivney wrote:

ftr i have 5 mates who are all big GnR fans & they're ALL still undecided or thinking that they won't be going - it's too expensive, on a weeknight & they've seen the '02 & '06 shows (& not a whole lot has change since then).

any other people i've asked about going have scoffed because Guns aren't cool ("i dunno, they're a bit gay" one guy said) or cited similar reasons as above.

olorin what exact does your ticket say - it should have two numbers? it should have 330 then another number to the right. i think it's the number to the right which indicates how many rows of tickets have been sold for standing.
e.g. my ticket is:
2____________3

but my pearl jam ticket from earlier in the year, at the same venue, reads:
59___________9

that pearl jam gig was sold out but i dunno how long it took to sell out. metallica played TWO sold out gigs at this venue and they sold them out on the day of release.

there'll be about 4-7,000 at the show eventually. it holds 9,100 or something like that.

(fwiw my ticket for the Dublin Guns show reads: G2______541)

as much as i'm looking forward to seeing Guns in my hometown i'm excpecting the Dublin gig to be much more intense. usually it's the other way around, the dublin crowds r usually boring compared to up here, but i can't help feel the apathy for this band & this show. hopefully i'm wrong.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

330 and along from the right of it is a 1. Hope your right!

I'll try scan it tonight when i get home from work.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

any other people i've asked about going have scoffed because Guns aren't cool ("i dunno, they're a bit gay" one guy said) or cited similar reasons as above.

Gay? What's hard to him, Death Angel?

If GN'R is gay, i'd hate to know what he thinks of U2...

Board footer