You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Whazup
 Rep: 6 

Re: My attempt at the Brain May CITR

Whazup wrote:

I used the moggs and tried to mix in Brian's first solo.  I tried to put his outro solo in, but it would take me a loong time to figure out how to do that.  I could just paste that outro into the studio version, but the quality of the 99 demo isn't that great so it wouldn't turn out that well.

It's not perfect, but I just wanted to try it and see if it worked.  I hope you guys like it smile

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0FNTGSQU

2008 Intentions

Thanks dude.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah it's tough. I'm trying to change the entire makeup of Better. It's kicking my ass.

I had the fucker finished, and then the computer crashed before I could save. 4

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

Whazup, sounds good - thanks for sharing it.

If you want to make the 99 demo work, you have to change the speed - I think you have to speed it up by something like 1.86% (not just a tempo change).  The early demo doesn't sound right because the tempo and pitch are both off by the same percentage.  Of course there are the a few glitches (holes) in the 99 demo also, but those are easily fixed too, by using the final studio version over the top of those sections of the old demo.

Studio version has two "chirps" (0:34 and 3:23) which seem accidental.  If you want to take them out, it is easiest done with Adobe Audition in the Spectral Frequency Display.

Whazup

Whazup wrote:

Dude that sucks!

I have a habit of saving things every 10 seconds lol

Whazup

Whazup wrote:

^^^ thanks evads I appreciate the feedback Ill give that a try.

Its a good thing I have nothing to do haha

mrbradeli
 Rep: 0 

mrbradeli wrote:

I'm gonna be doing something like this too this summer, except the guitar's will be completely re-recorded by me, and I'll be losing a lot of the over produced synth stuff that was added over the last 15 years. Sorta like a stripped down Chinese Democracy with Izzy like guitar work and a FEW keyboards.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

That should be very interesting.

Board footer