You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: GNR's most ridiculous and WTF moments

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

Can't locate the video but when Axl cut his hand and left the stage, Slash said its just a wardrobe change and Axl comes out and threatens to kick his ass!

how fuckin awkward! LOL!

wonder how that went backstage after the show.

Found that one...classic....

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

What about towards the end of the UYI tour when they included the accoustic part of the show.  That was cool, but WTF getting Dizzy or whoever the fuck it was dress up as a pizza guy and deliver pizzas on stage:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ Good call.....another good one is the boot where slash misplaces his shoes and goes off looking for them for a while....and axl's left going "I'm not here to do standup comedy slash" or something like that.

Ive never seen that one! or heard that one!

haha awesome!

I'm trying for the life of me to find it now but comming up empty so far!

God knows how, but in a WTF moment slash somehow has lost his shoes, and he says something like "i have to go get my shoes" and goes off stage. Meanwhile Axl is kind of chilling out for a while and then begins telling one of his stories. Eventually he gets fed up and says something like "How about it slash? I didn't come out here to do standup comedy". Still no slash. So axl goes into a rant about something or other that's shitting him at the time and it sounds like he's starting to actually get annoyed. Then mid sentance you hear slash come on over the PA - he's obviously run back barefoot when he heard the remark about the standup - and he's like "No no...it's cool it's cool...I just have to find my fucking shoes man"..and that sounds bizzare mixed into Axl's story....Axl like ignores this entirely and contnues his rant...then eventually slash comes back with shoes and they rock on.....or something similar....i might have it a bit wrong cos I last heard it years ago...but it was pretty funny just cos I always thought like how did he loose his fucking shoes in the middle of a gig.

HAHAHA u know after hearing that, I do remember that now! hhahahaha

when u see how structured and professional concerts are these days..... WTF at GNR.. but it is great and i miss those kinds of shenanigans

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The 2002 VMA's were probably the biggest "WTF" in history. Because that was when alot of people became aware of the new band and what Axl had been doing since 1994.

You hear the opening chords to Jungle, and Axl's scream and you start freaking out, "no fucking way this is happening", and then what happens... happens. You're left with your jaw dropped. That was my first re-introduction to Guns N' Roses, so it was quite a shock. What the fuck happened?

Other WTF moments...

Axl bagging on Warren Beatty at Paris '92. Umm, who? And... why do I care?

Axl bagging on James Hetfield and Metallica at Sacremento '93. Not only did you not even have a clue what was going on, but Axl himself was nonsensical the whole time, then started talking about how James didn't want NWA opening for Metallica because they were black. What? Axl accusing Hetfield of being a racist, POST-One In A Million. That's rich.

The 2002 Slash rants were entirely unnecessary, and usually didn't make a lick of sense. "He's in my ass", "they (as in Slash, Duff & Izzy) can suck my dick", from a 40 year old man in 2002, come on... it's time to grow up a little.

Oh, and um... any of you... um.... read the latest Rolling Stone? 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What's in that? I might have missed that one.

Here's some more WTF's:

*The story from either the motley crue book or slash's, I forget which, where somone finds Slash DEAD, like OD's in an elevator near his room, they revive him with the ambulance guys, and he wakes up and goes "fuck I have to get to the gig" and goes off and plays a show. I love slash and all...but fucking hell.

* that slash had a pacemaker in his early 30s, that duff's pancreas exploded...these guys are hardcore on a whole new level.

* that steven named his band Adler's Appetite (and I actually like their EP of original stuff) but come on!

* that steven was thrown out of GUNS N' ROSES for drug use! By guys like Slash and Izzy??? WTF. Actually i think getting kicked out of GNR for drugs is the absolute TOP WTF of all time not just GNR.

* That Axl calls Baz after like 15 years or something. Pretty cool that he's back...but WHY that night not the day before or after. WTF!

* that I remember when Jarmo would praise slash and enjoyed VR. WTF WTF WTF!!

I'm melting down here!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah, Axl's biggest press whore moment of his career. he KNEW Baz was on the radio.. acting like he didn't was just bullshit.

dont care though, thats some of the greatest radio of all time.

Yeah, I found VR threads where Jarmo would go to the concerts and fucking rave on how awesome they were.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

Ive never seen that one! or heard that one!

haha awesome!

I'm trying for the life of me to find it now but comming up empty so far!

God knows how, but in a WTF moment slash somehow has lost his shoes, and he says something like "i have to go get my shoes" and goes off stage. Meanwhile Axl is kind of chilling out for a while and then begins telling one of his stories. Eventually he gets fed up and says something like "How about it slash? I didn't come out here to do standup comedy". Still no slash. So axl goes into a rant about something or other that's shitting him at the time and it sounds like he's starting to actually get annoyed. Then mid sentance you hear slash come on over the PA - he's obviously run back barefoot when he heard the remark about the standup - and he's like "No no...it's cool it's cool...I just have to find my fucking shoes man"..and that sounds bizzare mixed into Axl's story....Axl like ignores this entirely and contnues his rant...then eventually slash comes back with shoes and they rock on.....or something similar....i might have it a bit wrong cos I last heard it years ago...but it was pretty funny just cos I always thought like how did he loose his fucking shoes in the middle of a gig.

HAHAHA u know after hearing that, I do remember that now! hhahahaha

when u see how structured and professional concerts are these days..... WTF at GNR.. but it is great and i miss those kinds of shenanigans

Wasnt that at the St Louis riot concert?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

* that steven was thrown out of GUNS N' ROSES for drug use! By guys like Slash and Izzy??? WTF. Actually i think getting kicked out of GNR for drugs is the absolute TOP WTF of all time not just GNR.

This is SO the best one.

Yeah, I found VR threads where Jarmo would go to the concerts and fucking rave on how awesome they were.

Obviously the most funny one. Are they still there?

His "Slash is in my ass" comment was to a fan and not really to Slash, so I don't think that's anything big. His embaressing Del James interview when he called Slash for a cancer...now that was WTF and totally embaressing and over the top not necessary.

For most fucks, I guess the 2002 MTV thing was a WTF, but it wasn't really that for me, except Axl being fucking nervous, running through corridors before he would sing because they wouldn't let him in - loosing his breath when he sang, now that was horrible but not WTF for me personally.

Another WTF is heretodaygonetohell.com. Nuff said.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What's in that? I might have missed that one.

It's an inside GN'R/Axl joke.

It's Axl's open to his almost legendary Chicago '92 rant. He opens with that line, and then goes on to tell an audience member to "shut the fuck up", while he slams his family.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl bagging on Warren Beatty at Paris '92. Umm, who? And... why do I care?

warren beatty is an actor and i think thats who steph cheated with

Board footer