You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Another Reason Garth Brooks is the Man

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I generally hate country music, but Garth Brooks is about as cool as a country artist can be.  He's down to earth, he makes (and admits to) mistakes, and he puts on a great, energetic show.  Plus, he tried out for the major leagues.  I don't think he wrote most of his own songs, but if he did, he would be in the running for greatest frontman ever (in my opinion).

nugdafied wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I generally hate country music, but Garth Brooks is about as cool as a country artist can be.  He's down to earth, he makes (and admits to) mistakes, and he puts on a great, energetic show.  Plus, he tried out for the major leagues.  I don't think he wrote most of his own songs, but if he did, he would be in the running for greatest frontman ever (in my opinion).

I couldn't disagree with you more. To me, Garth Brooks represents nothing more than being a corporate pop country star. He's no different than Britney, except his music in a different genre. He's about as fake as a country artist can be. Chris Gaines??? That ain't country. Also, he didn't try out for the major leagues. He paid some team to let him hang around spring training for a couple of weeks. Big difference.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Never much of a country fan, but the interest in him is massive. Nobody sells tickets that fast anymore.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

I think he should be flayed alive for the horrors his music has inflicted upon the world.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

You mean Chris Gains? 16
Hank Williams Jr is the only country I can listen to...That guy is fucking awsome.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I think I'm the only person in history who thought the Chris Gaines album was decent.  It failed miserably, but I agree with russ in that no one really understands it.  It was supposed to be a prelude to a movie about a reclusive rock star who overcame tragedy after tragedy and continued to build on his success.  The entire project was bloated and self-indulgent, but Brooks could've pulled it off.

I like a few of the man's songs, but he certainly isn't my favourite artist.  I'm not sure about calling him pop country, because he's still more country than Shania Twain (the love of my life, of course), Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, and the rest of the likes of them ever will be.  Sure he's not up there with the greats like Cash and Williams, but he's great in his own right.  He's sold more records than Elvis and anyone else all time (except for the Beatles).  That's a pretty big accomplishment right there.  He threw a concert that attracted almost 1 million people.  GNR new or old couldn't do that.  He's a legend in his own right.

Board footer