You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: "Elvis On Tour" coming to select theatres

NY Giants82 wrote:

http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=2333

Commemorating the 75th anniversary of Elvis Presley'™s birth, Warner Home Video, Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. and NCM Fathom are teaming up to present Elvis on Tour: 75th Anniversary Celebration special in-theater event that celebrates the timeless music of the rock '˜n'™ roll icon. The event, featuring remastered film footage shot with The King of Rock '˜n'™ Roll on tour and in concert, will be broadcast to more than 460 select movie theaters on Thursday, July 29th at 7:00 p.m. local time.  In addition, this exclusive event will feature performances and interviews from the 1972 Golden Globe® Best Documentary winner, 'Elvis on Tour,'  and a specially-produced, exclusive retrospective from Priscilla Presley.  Elvis on Tour: 75th Anniversary Celebration includes never-before-seen Elvis tour footage as well as montage sequences produced by Academy Award®-winning director Martin Scorsese that showcase The King of Rock '˜n'™ Roll'™s early career and movies.

FINALLY!!!!:D

I have been waiting for this for years. I grew up watching "Elvis On Tour" and they are finally going to release it on dvd. About damn time!!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Got my pre-order in. My VHS copy I had in the 80s and 90s, well lets just say its wore out.

Cant wait to see Elvis come out to the tune of "See See Rider". Love that part! Then "Poke Salad Annie"! Woo hoo!!!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

See See Rider is one of the great rock intros in history.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

No one, and I mean NO ONE could  ever come close to nailing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" like the King could.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also felt E's "My Way" was the best the song ever sounded.

Board footer