You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

-D- wrote:

I know more than a few posters on here are disenchanted with the entire GNR thing, and it seems that nothing Axl or the band does, ever gets any credit, or love.

So I want to know, what has to happen, before you can consider yourself a 100 percent on the wagon GNR fan again?

I consider myself about 75 percent on.. Even though I like this current version etc... something feels missing.....

What will it take? Or is it fixable?

For years it was the non communication, now we get communication.

for years it was no album.. we got the album

for years it was no activty.. now they are touring...

so what?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Is this a troll?

Seriously, the only answers you are going to get are "reunion."

End thread.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Is this a troll?

End thread.

14 True. It's a reunion thread in disguise cause you're right, the ONLY thing GN'R can do now to regain my interest 100% is reunite with the old guys. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy(hopefully) and Matt(or Steven). I don't care about the new band anymore. Yes they put on a great show but the highlights are the old songs when I saw them last in January but you know what the highlights are the old songs but when you see them perform it you know it's a cover band. I'm done seeing them live. There's no need for me to see it again. I've seen the Slashless Gn'R four times now and the magic isn't there. Some good performances but there's no magic so I'm not interested anymore.  If a new album ever came out I might check it out but maybe not.  I don't even remember the last time I listend to CD. It's just not that good in my opinion so...... Reunite or bust for me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bigbri nailed it.. Nice attempt D, but we all know where this will go...  Of course Russ will disagree, but other than Russ, its Reunite or bust. 

If Slash's solo band wasn't so kick ass, the reunion thing wouldn't be as big right now, but they do kick ass, and that mashup of Slither and If the World only make us want to hear Slash and Axl even more...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Is this a troll?

End thread.

14 True. It's a reunion thread in disguise cause you're right, the ONLY thing GN'R can do now to regain my interest 100% is reunite with the old guys. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy(hopefully) and Matt(or Steven). I don't care about the new band anymore. Yes they put on a great show but the highlights are the old songs when I saw them last in January but you know what the highlights are the old songs but when you see them perform it you know it's a cover band. I'm done seeing them live. There's no need for me to see it again. I've seen the Slashless Gn'R four times now and the magic isn't there. Some good performances but there's no magic so I'm not interested anymore.  If a new album ever came out I might check it out but maybe not.  I don't even remember the last time I listend to CD. It's just not that good in my opinion so...... Reunite or bust for me.

No offense, but I remember you being adamant about not ever seeing GNR again, yet you buckled and bought tickets on their trek through Canada.  So who's to say you wouldn't do it again?  Maybe that's how you feel now, as you've felt in the past, but who knows what could happen that might change your mind.

Obviously, reunion, is the ultimate answer here.  Even if they somehow handled the release of CD perfectly and we got a massive marketing campaign and promotional blitz, some people still wouldn't be satisfied.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bigbri nailed it.. Nice attempt D, but we all know where this will go...  Of course Russ will disagree, but other than Russ, its Reunite or bust. 

If Slash's solo band wasn't so kick ass, the reunion thing wouldn't be as big right now, but they do kick ass, and that mashup of Slither and If the World only make us want to hear Slash and Axl even more...

I think almost everybody wants a reunion, but there have been so many versions of this band at this point, could we even come to a majority agreement on which lineup?  If we put up a poll for every lineup of the band and you could only vote for one, would any lineup get 50%?  AFD, UYI I (Izzy and Matt), UYI II (Gilby and Matt), and how many different CD versions.  And there's always the one or two crazy people voting for poor Ole.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

This is serious. I think we have to deal with the reality of the situation that a reunion isn't happening.

so there is nothing Axl can do?

What about a new album promoted properly with interviews, videos etc?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

No offense, but I remember you being adamant about not ever seeing GNR again, yet you buckled and bought tickets on their trek through Canada.  So who's to say you wouldn't do it again?  Maybe that's how you feel now, as you've felt in the past, but who knows what could happen that might change your mind.

Obviously, reunion, is the ultimate answer here.  Even if they somehow handled the release of CD perfectly and we got a massive marketing campaign and promotional blitz, some people still wouldn't be satisfied

I can say I wouldn't see them again without a shadow of a doubt.  Believe me or don't.  Guns N' Roses played 2 shows in January within an hour of me and I only went to one and not because of any reason other then I didn't care enough to see both shows.  I will not  see them again ever unless they reunite. I still don't own an actual copy of CD so I think I can and do, do what I say I'm gonna do. I never said "never" about seeing them again before. I am now.  NOTHING will change my mind other than a reunion. Trust me on this one. They could play my home town and I'm not going. Like I said I've seen it enough times now and I see no reason whatsoever to see them again.   I believe I even said this right after seeing them and claiming how good it was. I've run my own course with Axl's fake Gn'R. I'm over it and have no desire to see it again. That's all.

And it's not even about being satisfied with it anymore. I just dont' care about it. I don't want it, I have no interest in this mock version of Guns N' Roses. I mean honestly I was all for this in the begining but in 2006 I stopped caring. I'm only on here cause of the members and it's something to discuss. As you can tell I'm raely online anymore. I truely don't care about this version or any version other than a reunited Gn'R. It's just gotten so stale and lame.  All the drama and shit is so boring now cause it's just never ending. It's like that person who has a secret and brags about it for so long without telling you that eventaully you just have zero interest in it and then when they finally tell you you don't care. That's how I feel about this Guns N' Roses.

reunite and do something great or just quit cause it's such a  fucking farce now it's not even funny.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

New album. Nothing more, nothing less.

buzzsaw wrote:

And there's always the one or two crazy people voting for poor Ole.

Those people need to take a long walk off a short pier. Or simply hang themselves. Its always some nutswinging kid not even alive when the old band broke up bringing up Ole. They see his name on wiki and immediately become a certified expert on the inner workings of GNR in 1985.

Board footer