You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:

02 was my favorite line up. But, if Buckethead would have stayed in 2006, the album and line up, with Axl's voice (and look) being pretty fucking killer, I say that could have been the best line up of GNR. As a core, the band sounded better than in 2002, imo. They just lost a huge spark without Bucket and Brain.

I really think even CD would have been a different beast.

Different how?

I understand there would be no Bfoot or Frank. But BH and Brain are still on the album. Sure Bfoot and Frank added some stuff and replaced other stuff. But I can't see any real drastic changes to the album.

Live, it would be a different beast... smile Hell, BH had fans dressing up as him back in '02.

That's kinda what I consider a reunion, BH and Brain back in the band! Wouldn't bother me if that happened...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No doubt there.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFmXK5I0rc

Will forever be the high point of the new band regardless of who takes a trip through the revolving door.

I don't get it. I've never understood your's or other's love affair with this performance. You're obviously hearing and seeing something I'm not cause to be honest I find this to be far, far from the highlight of the new era Gn'R in terms of live performances.

It's my favorite as well. Here's why: 1. The song really meant something. Axl was really back and wasn't going to be brought down in the storm anymore. 2. It sounded like classic Axl with a "new" feel to it. I'm thinking, "OK, this sounds light years better than OMG. This is what I expect after all these years." 3. Bucket's solo is loud and clear and much more soulful than the album version. His playing right up to that point is killer as well. 4:00 mark on. 4. Watch Tommy and Brain lock in during the solo and the outro to the solo-a perfect rhythm section. 5. Listen to Finck's parts. Much more soulful than the pitchy wails that end up on the album.

The whole band was  just buried in the song. It was their time. 19

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

What does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%?

Nothing! They done it in releasing CD and picking up DJ(See vid).

Wish list? More! USA Tours, New Music, Interviews, Stick with current line up. Speed up a bit on KOHD big_smile

Fantasy:
How nice would it be for them to set aside there issues.  Tour with Loaded and /or VR and /or slash solo as openers, Then thoes guys stick around for a song or 3 from  AFD LIES OR Illusions then current lineup play there normal set list with sometimes guest slots from  Izzy, Bucket, Matt, Steven, Finck and even Gilby to do a guitar Stones bit. Hmm  that would be awesome hall of fame show!

[youtube]let31Lp4O4w&feature=related[/youtube]

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

DJ Dumbs down A LOT of the Slash solos....  Most wouldn't notice, but I do, its fine, still sounds okay, but they are dumbed down...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

he is clearly a poor man's Slash...that is why I don't care for him. Robin was his own dude..did his own thing. DJ Sixx is way too sunset strip for me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

DJ Sixx is a good analysis.

Everytime I hear him play on an old GN'R tune, it sounds like Mick Mars is playing it... with half the talent.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

DJ Dumbs down A LOT of the Slash solos....  Most wouldn't notice, but I do, its fine, still sounds okay, but they are dumbed down...

I'm not saying this to be a smart ass but I thought I was the only one who noticed. I'm very glad to hear someone else caught it too.

Hell, I was scared I was going to get flamed for that, turns out the board agrees!  He skips so many of Slash's harder passages....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think DJ is wayyy better than Mick Mars. But I don't see him lasting in GNR, either. Nothing against the guy, I just don't see him having a platform for "his" songs and some of the freedom, production wise, he's had with his other projects.

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:

02 was my favorite line up. But, if Buckethead would have stayed in 2006, the album and line up, with Axl's voice (and look) being pretty fucking killer, I say that could have been the best line up of GNR. As a core, the band sounded better than in 2002, imo. They just lost a huge spark without Bucket and Brain.

I really think even CD would have been a different beast.

Different how?

I understand there would be no Bfoot or Frank. But BH and Brain are still on the album. Sure Bfoot and Frank added some stuff and replaced other stuff. But I can't see any real drastic changes to the album.

Live, it would be a different beast... smile Hell, BH had fans dressing up as him back in '02.

Different in that the album wouldn't be bogged down. The songs would have carried the same vibe they were created with. Not a dig at BF, but even he said he brought a different style to the songs. Which he did. I know some of you like it, but it overpowers the songs and takes them in a totally different direction that muddies them up and feels totally out of place.

Board footer