You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Bumblefoot interview

Aussie wrote:

I would imagine Ron is probably getting pretty tired of answering the same old questions.  I gotta admit he has more tolerance than I would, by now I would have snapped from being Mr Nice guy and just said STFU.

He's in a shit position really, he probably wants to do and say a lot more but it's out of his hands.  I have heard his "employer" can be a real wanker if he gets his back up so I'll cut him some slack 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think Axl cares near as much about what they say as some people think.

I think it comes down to this. They don't talk to Axl, imho, NEAR as much as people think. They rehearse as a band, Axl travels and communicates seperately, and when the show is scheduled, Axl and his entourage show up to perform with the players. I'm sure Axl has a friendly relationship with the band while touring, obviously through party/casual photos with the band during tours.

In other words, I don't think Ron really knows what's going on. There's rumblings, Axl might or might not do this or that, and they're basically told after the train has already left the station.

I don't think they answer those questions because Axl might come down on them, I think they really don't know, and they play it off how "out of the know" they really are.

Just a take, might be completely off.

Sky Dog wrote:

they definitely party together...at least Tommy, Axl, Dizzy...Robin in the past. There has been a lot of pictures to prove that.

After that, those guys don't have any influence over the business side...pretty obvious. If Axl doesn't know what he wants to do, how would they?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I agree regarding the business side, they would have no say at all.  Consequently they are probably kept in the dark until the last mintue with things and from what Ron has said in the past he likes it that way.

I also get the impression that Ron (and probably the others too) want to record new music with Axl, but again he gets no say in that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I also get the impression that Ron (and probably the others too) want to record new music with Axl, but again he gets no say in that.

He's been in the band four years and still hasn't recorded new music(by his own admission).

He shouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon. I wish he could record something on his own that blows Axl away and he wants Ron to bring it to GNR's table and do something with it in a timely fashion.

If Axl's ever gonna do something new and not just tinker around in his Chinese vault, Ron is probably the key to that happening.

God help us all.... 14

Downloaded 9.11 and Uncool tonight. I'll give it a spin.

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

What happens if we're inbetween managers? 16

(i think there's a very strong possibility this 'world tour' could be the end of bumble/4tus/$lashba.)

And what would give you that impression? Just curious. You think the end of this tour is the end of Guns forever, or you think a reunion is in the works?

well it could be the end of one of the guitarists in the band & therefore that lineup of guitarists or indeed all three could leave.
at the minute they SEEM to be nothing more than a touring band. and like james says bumble has been in the band four years now and all impressions are that he hasn't created any new, post-CD Guns songs or albums. how long can that relationship maintain? does axl even want these guys to make a new GnR album? there's certainly no indication of this happening either.

it's just speculation. there is the possibility that axl n the 'new' guys will get it together and make new music. but the evidence thus far suggests this is first and foremost a touring band.

it just wouldn't surprise me if one or more of them either couldn't be bothered or run out of patience or worse. i don't know so much about them getting fired, but if axl's gonna continue his typical recording process you can't really blame the guys if they don't want to stick around for another 10years of touring & re-recording other peoples songs..

i don't think it's the end of Guns forever. as long as Axl can make money from the brand, or at least as long as he has enthusiasm for the brand GnR will always be around in some form. but Axl IS GnR, bumble isn't - just a cool guitarist playing other peoples songs, 4 years later..

i don't think a reunion is in the works at present. but we know never to say never. nothing will happen immediately in the GnR world that's all we know for sure. who couldn't see a reunion in 2 years time? it'll always be there so long as axl keeps to his schedule, a schedule which alienates even his supposed bandmates, 'cause the new GnR will never have the credibility or bond or respect of the outside world the way things have been & continue to be conducted - that lack of respect brings a pressure to bear on the member of the band & i just dunno how dedicated some of them are to putting up with all the BS. bumble sounds a lot more wearisome with each passing interview, & who can blame him? he tries but 4 years on he's still getting questions about slash - that's because axl is still touring a record that bumble really had no part of writing. if axl n guns were to come out with a fantastic album of bumble/$lashba songs* things would be on more concrete footing but as it is i wonder how much disillusionment these people can be bothered with. obviously a lot since they took the gig & are all still there so there are definitely positives going on with this current group but there will always be suspicions that are ultimately due to the incompetent running of the organisation.

* and that's another thing - do we, & critically does axl, have faith in these guys as songwriters to match the legacy of what went before? is axl still so invested in the extra CD-era songs that he doesn't want to move on? if he does want to move on will he want to bring in other guys to write songs with him?
but axl's songwriting process SEEMS so laborious & long-winded (a bit like this post!!) that surely there is some dissent in the ranks.. & eventually that'll bubble up as it always has done..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

From looking at Mother Gooses hotel room in one of the videos they are recording new songs, just not laying them down. But then again, we know fuck all about what they're doing, so we don't know. They sure aren't going to tell us.

I wouldn't be shocked if the second album is already done. If those rumors are true from a couple months back that he's been finishing it up in New York, then I could see him not being interested in recording new songs... Especially if they're not very good. So, who's to say he hasn't wrote some material for GNR, they just haven't recorded it... Or maybe it just didn't appeal to the red headed one?

And, no, I don't think Ron is quitting. I think he's getting sick of stupid questions. I'd say Ashba leaves before Ron.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

^^ Agreed!

CDII ftw!!  I know some love to paint the devil on the wall and predict the worst for new-GNR.

I like to take the positive rumours and hope for the best! 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That Pink Floyd reunion reminded them why they hated each other sad

Board footer