You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Obama backs mosque near Ground Zero

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'll keep that in mind the next time I find a property to lease for the local NAMBLA chapter, next to an Elementary school.

Something tells me at the least it'll be found in poor taste, if not perceived as a threat to safety.

That's a stretch, and what I meant by "Black and white." Islam does not equal Terrorism.

Axlin08 wrote:

Then he should know better, and have better sense as to how NYC feels about that particular day.

No better than what? A Christian would not necessarily equate themselves with it's radical fringe element anymore than a Muslim would. Why should a Muslim who have "better sense" in this case? The intent is hardly malicious; he's an American exercising his rights.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And his rights are in poor taste, and a threat to public safety.

No different than a Klan rally at the Million Man march. They're exercising their rights too. Both of 'em.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No different than a Klan rally at the Million Man march. They're exercising their rights too. Both of 'em.

thats a very poor analogy. comparing a hate group to a place of worship for a religion?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually that is different as the ENTIRE Klan has one consistent message. A fringe element of a religion is only one spoke on the wheel and rarely if ever advocated by the masses who adhere to Islamic dogma.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

There's already a mosque closer to the towers than this one, should it be torn down?

Muslims already gather at the property being proposed as a prayer center. Should that se stopped?

Also, I hope a church hasn't been built near the site of the federal building bombing in OKC. That would be insensitive since Timothy McVeigh was Christian and all.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

^^ McVeigh didn't bomb in the name of his religion though. However your right in what your trying to put across.

Cramer wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually that is different as the ENTIRE Klan has one consistent message. A fringe element of a religion is only one spoke on the wheel and rarely if ever advocated by the masses who adhere to Islamic dogma.

This isn't about rights for Obama. He's sending a clear message here saying that Muslims are not to blame for September 11th and that the U.S. will not persecute the many for the sins of the radical few.

This is of course the most intelligent move, if Obama did ban a mosque near ground Zero he would simply inspire more separation between U.S. citizens of all denominations feeding into the extremists hands.  5

Judging by the history of my own country religious segregation leads to all sorts of troubles.

And sometimes when I hear the theories of one world governments and loss of sovereignty I think its a good idea. "Earth: One nation under the Stars"
It would end all of that shit. I think John Lennon said all this quite well in Imagine  19   

and no I'm not high or even drunk(which technically is a form of high that just happens to be legal, but thats a can of slimy manipulative worms for another thread)

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

The fact that we're still going through this shit in this day and age is fuckin sad.  I don't give a fuck if they build a mosque there.  Not every muslim is a terrorist.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

There's already a mosque closer to the towers than this one, should it be torn down?

Muslims already gather at the property being proposed as a prayer center. Should that se stopped?

What are we talking about then?

and

No

and in that order.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

How is it a threat to public safety? You say your not bigotted and your probably not, and you say you don't want to be perceived as one but then you say a mosque is a threat to public safety and building it is comparable with a KKK rally. What you're saying just sounds ridiculous.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What are we talking about then?

and

No

and in that order.

What are we talking about? I don't know. Muslims already gather in that spot. Why it's being made an issue know is because Fox News decided it was an issue and because ignorant Americans can't think for themselves or bother to do a little research.

Board footer