You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

Smoking Guns wrote:

He may be close to 50, but mentally he is 23 years old tops.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Knock knock knockin' on Slash's door.. hey hey.. hey hey hey.

The only door left for Axl. Not shocked. Would not be shocked if Ron left. GNREVO should get his first interview post band. 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Knock knock knockin' on Slash's door.. hey hey.. hey hey hey.

The only door left for Axl. Not shocked. Would not be shocked if Ron left. GNREVO should get his first interview post band. 16

I said this earlier, but honestly at this point I'd be surprised if Slash would even take Axl back.  I don't think he'd want to go through the headaches.  I guess the paycheck may be too good to pass up, but Slash seems to be having fun and doing fine out on his solo tour right now and I'm not so certain he'd give that up to jump into a cloud of uncertainty.

Also the fact that Axl wants nothing to do with Slash either.  A reunion would be admitting defeat and even though it's painfully obvious to most everyone that that's the case, I don't think Axl would ever swallow his pride and go that route unless it was on HIS terms.  This certainly wouldn't be on his terms.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think Slash is against a reunion more than Axl cause Slash won't be an employee.

Seriously, why does Slash need that headache?

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think Slash is against a reunion more than Axl cause Slash won't be an employee.

Seriously, why does Slash need that headache?

1,400 @Atlanta vs 14,000 @ Sturgis

the pay would buy lots of Tylenol...or whatever else he uses to cope

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Slash may not be at the scale of GN'R, but he's doing ok on his name alone. He's playing decent size venues on his current Australian tour, and the Sydney show (on tonight) sold out as well.

As much as Axl and Slash go so well together, Slash doesn't need this kind of shit.
His current touring band sounds great, and they're all a level headed bunch of guys too, especially for how good they play.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Not buying the hack for a second. That's damage control from the spin machine. Maybe he just flew off the handle, said it was over, and things will proceed as usual.

Interesting that people noticed tension between Ron and Axl on stage. Any footage of that incident?

Sorry for the thread turning into a mess. Merged some of those posts from the other thread into this one.If you're looking for your post from that thread(or a response to your post), its on page 1 or 2 of this thread.

The hacked account thing is t-total bullshit. Something happened, and Axl posted in a hissy, and now everyone is trying to find out what's wrong and baby his ass into keeping these shows going, primarily because alot of Axl's contract players have families and kids to feed. Not milk someone else's success, and pass it off as solely their own.

This sadly has become typical of Axl's GayN'R. And I say that with all the love and respect in my heart for Robin Finck, Brian Carroll, Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Brian Mantia, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed, and Chris Pitman among others, who've had to put up with this prima donna, narcissistic dick for 5-10 years, varying on which long-tenured new era member you're speaking of.

This reaks of Axl. No different than that fuckin' bullshit December 2006 press release that completely blamed everything wrong in 2006 on Merck. Or the 2002 release that painted Slash & Duff as the reasons for world hunger. This is just another shit thing, added to the list.

Even if his account was hacked, it doesn't take 48hrs to rectify it. And I don't buy for one second the lateness shit being the festival's technical issues. BULL SHIT. 20 fucking years of this fuckin' guy walkin' and quackin' like a duck, and suddenly Axl shows up at nearly 1am for a show, because of the festival's sound issues?!?!?! Crap, and if you believe that, you deserve to be lied to, manipulated, used, played, etc. You deserve it, if you buy that shit.

As for Ron, he was pissed at Axl. Look at the video, and you can spin that anyway you want. Regardless of the pointing at the watch thing, Ron was phoning it in with probably the least happy, pissed off, wished he was anywhere but there face, that I have ever seen that guy in the history of his tenure with the band. Ron has always been Gilby 2000. Happy-go-lucky, great with fans, thrilled to be in GN'R, and that look... there is body language all written by Ron's expressions in that video. He was pissed, and at Axl. He glared at Axl off in the distance before making that gesture. He looked like a Jersey boy that was about to kick some ass. He looked livid.

As for the future of this band. Not much has changed by all of this really. Who gives a shit? Before or after. Nobody cares about this band at all, never did, and the people like mister who still are excited by this band, why don't you take up watching paint dry I hear it's riveting, to the people like DCK who don't want nostalgia, I get that because it will never be the same, but it's gotta be better than this, to the people like Russ who've finally broken, my heart goes out to them as a fan because i've been there and it's a telling sign because Russ has been their biggest supporter both here and elsewhere, and to Olorin, Atari, John, Monkey, Aussie and i'm sure i'm forgetting some others, my sincerest apologies just as a fellow fan to having to worry or possibly deal with cancelled shows. Been there, with Axl fucking Rose.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

A reunion would be admitting defeat

He "admitted defeat" in 2002 when he did nothing but rant and rave about the old band while playing all their songs and unwilling to pull the trigger on Chinese.

Forum junkies think that Albany rant is a slice of heaven. Its Axl admitting defeat and the wheels came off days later and he wasn't seen again until four years later.

Never understood why so many Axl fans love that rant.

I agree with you(and madagas and whoever else) that he just doesn't have the "fire" that artists/bands have. There are no creative juices flowing and no ambition to actually do anything with what he has. So you get your dose of AFD rehash if you're interested in a show.

I said this years ago and it rings more true now than it did then....

He's gonna milk the AFD well so bone dry and fuck with the legacy that by the time he(or anyone) is seriously considering a reunion, no one will even care.

The post Slash era was so perfect for him to reestablish himself whether solo or as GNR. Could have had a career like Cornell. The fire/ambition just isn't there though, and its probably why we have to keep hearing about Slash when he speaks and why he toys around with ancient tracks every so often. Its literally all he has in his tank.

1999: Slash and Chinese

2001: Slash and Chinese

2002: Slash and Chinese

2006: Slash and Chinese

2007: Slash and Chinese

2008: Slash and Chinese

2009: Slash and Chinese

2010: Slash and Chinese

Anyone else notice a pattern?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's what happens when you've got nothing to bring to the table creatively, yet demand perfection from your players.

Axl would've been better off just laying vocals down on Beggers and Hangers On, Ghost, Back From Cali, etc, and letting Slash take the wheel.

At this point, i'm convinced that Slash needs to be brought back, and the fans need to convince Stephanie to date Axl again, just so she can dump him in a year, so we get another 2 albums from Axl.

Then he'll have something to say again.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's what happens when you've got nothing to bring to the table creatively, yet demand perfection from your players.

Axl would've been better off just laying vocals down on Beggers and Hangers On, Ghost, Back From Cali, etc, and letting Slash take the wheel.

Agreed. It's funny how so many people say Axl is a  genius and this massive creative force yet you take away the guys who he was with when he HELPED create three of the greatest rock albums ever and whats' he done? Basically fuck all. Yet there are those who will still say Axl IS Guns N' Roses and that the other guys were just riding his coattails. Fuck that. Axl was the rose the rest fo the guys where the Guns

Board footer