You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

[I'm guessing Axl is still dealing with the same paranoid headspace pre-gig stuff that he went through during the UYI tour. I know it can be a huge weight on your shoulders to front a band like GN'R and control a crowd, and maybe Axl's demons are getting the better of him again?

This is something I think gets over-looked a lot. We always talk about if something is or isn't Axl's fault. But the bigger question is when stuff is his fault, WHY, has he done that? I've often felt there was a bigger reason for the late starts, and for that matter the album delays, and sometimes reclusive behaviour than we know.

At the end of the day Axl is clearly pretty smart, he must see that such things sabotage his own success,  so if they still happen anyway, it must be that to some extent to him they were unavoidable.

IF (and i'll grant it's speculation) he is locked in an inner battle of anxiety, stress and emotional issues, the fact that he keeps trying, and wins enough of the time to make the band continue, tour, and get that album out, all be it with delays and late starts now and then, that would actually be quite an achievment. To me stuff like the vanishes off stage mid song, and the repeated setlists look like saftey things to reduce the stress.

I have friends with anxiety who refuse to come to my local pub or even to my house for a dvd. So it's quite possible that while we're often bagging him for what we think is him fucking up, he might actually be doing an amazing job at keeping on trying for us.

Maybe he's not trying to be an asshole you know.

Utter speculation...but it's just a thought that crossed my mind.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Whatever the reasons for 'Tweetgate' I'm glad it appears the shows will go on for now. My interest has been running on near empty for most of 2010 if truth be told but the announcement of a show near me did excite me enough to buy some tickets.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Since the Axl incident on Sunday I've heard of at least 3 other stories involving people/celebs having their twitters hacked and altered so it's more than possible. Having said that if it was a genuine hack I'd expect/hope GNR would come out with a slightly more in depth explanation in the next few days. Obviously if it's a genuine hack GNR aren't to blame so should come out and make that known and apologize for any confusion (basic PR really).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Truth = beating a dead horse

If this is even a clue of how these people operate in the real world, I now know why it's a hell hole.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

This was Rons private email that got posted at mygnr:

Gotta be honest - I was sooooooo beyond pissed I had to walk off, have a chat with management and folks about right and wrong and what I can and can't be a part of, and sat out a few songs until I cooled down before the anger really got the best of me. It's not just an 'audience' - everyone's got a story why they're there that night, the tickets aren't cheap, people traveled from far, they deserve not just a show but a show of appreciation and respect. Fashionably late is one thing, but leaving the audience with nothing out in the cold for 2 hours til they're throwing bottles and boo and chant bullshit isn't cool, isn't 'rock n roll', there's nothing good about it, it's just abusive. If there was a technical problem, someone should have told the crowd, and we should have had something going on video-wise or performance-wise to keep everyone's spirits up. My two cents.

All the best to you and your dad, thank you both for being there, hope it was a good memory

Ron

Sorry Ron lol!

Haha, suck on that, Del. 16

I do feel bad someone posted that shit. You know, they could have done it in a much more subtle way and still got the point across.

Ron continues to impress. 22

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

The tour goes on.
GNR management and Axl will act like this day never happened. Band members, on interviews, will say that they cant talk on somebody else behalf, or say Axl was hacked.

rocker91
 Rep: 1 

rocker91 wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the gnr show at the ralley in sturgis was fn amazing. That wait was not fun but there was problems. At about 11:45 There were people scrambling all around the speaker and up in the air around some of the video equipment. When the croud seen that they seem to mellow out. At 12:45 there were some ppl that left but it really was only the ones that arrived on shuttle. By the time the show started, the placed was still packed. Axl took stage at 12:50 and when he did the place erupted. and he rocked the house for over 2hrs that was twice as long as most headliners throughout the week. Leaving the show and the next day ppl were raving about how good axl sound and what a performer he was.. In closing that was the first time I have ever seen guns live and not only was it the best show i have ever seen but i realized how guns got so famous..Axl Rose

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

This is all I needed to read to know how dillusional you are. I'm cooking up "unrealistic theories"? Obviously someone hasn't been paying attention over the last 15 years. But carry on.

Most ridiculous reply to a post I've done. Ever.

If you try to insult my intelligence, the only thing that you will accomplish is to insult your own.

No the most ridiculous thing EVER is you trying to say those of us who see things opposite of you are conjuring up "unrealstic theories. My god.  Unrealistic theories?  What in the world of Guns N' Roses is unrealistic? Where have you been the past decade. Seriously give your head a  shake. The fact that you think some of us sit at home and try our damndest to come up witt these theories is so f-ing laughble.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

This was Rons private email that got posted at mygnr:

Gotta be honest - I was sooooooo beyond pissed I had to walk off, have a chat with management and folks about right and wrong and what I can and can't be a part of, and sat out a few songs until I cooled down before the anger really got the best of me. It's not just an 'audience' - everyone's got a story why they're there that night, the tickets aren't cheap, people traveled from far, they deserve not just a show but a show of appreciation and respect. Fashionably late is one thing, but leaving the audience with nothing out in the cold for 2 hours til they're throwing bottles and boo and chant bullshit isn't cool, isn't 'rock n roll', there's nothing good about it, it's just abusive. If there was a technical problem, someone should have told the crowd, and we should have had something going on video-wise or performance-wise to keep everyone's spirits up. My two cents.

All the best to you and your dad, thank you both for being there, hope it was a good memory

Ron

Sorry Ron lol!

Haha, suck on that, Del. 16

I do feel bad someone posted that shit. You know, they could have done it in a much more subtle way and still got the point across.

Ron continues to impress. 22

Ron is the fucking man. I'll say it again the guy is WAY TOO GOOD to be a part of such a  bush league organization.

rocker91 wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the gnr show at the ralley in sturgis was fn amazing. That wait was not fun but there was problems. At about 11:45 There were people scrambling all around the speaker and up in the air around some of the video equipment. When the croud seen that they seem to mellow out. At 12:45 there were some ppl that left but it really was only the ones that arrived on shuttle. By the time the show started, the placed was still packed. Axl took stage at 12:50 and when he did the place erupted. and he rocked the house for over 2hrs that was twice as long as most headliners throughout the week. Leaving the show and the next day ppl were raving about how good axl sound and what a performer he was.. In closing that was the first time I have ever seen guns live and not only was it the best show i have ever seen but i realized how guns got so famous..Axl Rose

Ummmmm....  first and only post on this site and it's nothing but praise and admiration and it comes off as total spin and damagae control. Yeah ok. roll

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Damn Bono, you're even more pessimistic than I am. 16

As has been mentioned before, while this isn't the most popular GNR site, it has a strange love and hate relationship with google and other search engines. Sometimes it wont acknowledge our existence, and other times we're at the top of the list. Sometimes a random/casual fan signs up and posts something, and I really don't see anything wrong with this person posting their experience of the show. I like to see non forum junkie perspectives on this band. You don't get it in real life because so few care so you have to find it online.

Do we have to be an all exclusive hater club? 16 Cant a few sane people trickle in from time to time? 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer