You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

Re: Gnr To play adelaide, perth and townsville?

bloodyhell81 wrote:

about 3min into the clip mentions v8 in sydney then these 3 shows molly is usually good for info but who knows

http://www.mtv.com.au/videos/mastered-b … 16-554432/

melbourns gotta be pissed lol

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Seems right, I mean logistically it would make sense to play a few shows while they're here in Australia, but this is GN'R and all logic goes out the window...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

lol - Perth, Adelaide and Townsville.  Can you get any more fucken remote.

This has to be BS, they would at least throw one or two Melbourne gigs in plus another Sydney one before going to those 3 states - lol.

Bring it on and come to Perth I say, but unfortunately I find this hard to believe - love to be wrong though.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I thought GNR was finished?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bloodyhell81 wrote:

about 3min into the clip mentions v8 in sydney then these 3 shows molly is usually good for info but who knows

I'm not able to play this in my country, bummer.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Cramer wrote:
bloodyhell81 wrote:

I'm not able to play this in my country, bummer.

http://www.xroxy.com/proxylist.php?port … ity=#table  have a nice proxy

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

I thought GNR was finished?

Just cause you book shows, doesn't mean anyone gives a shit.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Bet they will find that out when no one shows up for the shows! 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's interesting news.

As said earlier it would make a LOT of sense to play additional shows while in Australia.

What is surprising is the location of these shows.

Perth is geographically isolated and so expensive to tour because of the jet fuel/petrol involved, meanwhile Adeliade has only about a 1/4 of the population of Melbourne or Sydney.

Actually, what I think is odd really is the absence of Melbourne. I'm from melbourne so somewhat biased, but basicly, usually an international act will come to Sydney first - as it's our most famous city - then Melbourne - as by the time you've hit those two you have almost 1/2 of Australia's population....then branch out to other places. So the question is why are they leaving it out. I have a few theories:

1. They are not leaving it out, and further details will surface when there's a more official anouncment from a promoter.

2. The tour is based around an external plan not profit. For example, Axl might want to go to townsville to see what it's like, so they set up the tour to follow his holiday etc (I'm not knocking that - I'd do the same if if i were them). So they've chosen cities not to be profitable per say but just for fun places to check out.

3. Melbourne has been punished for comments in the media. there's a joke rilvary in Australia between melbourne and sydney. When GNR was announced in Sydney only and no where else originally, some media here reported it as "GNR snubs melbourne" and the band may have considered that as turning a positive into a negative etc. I think there was a twitter post from someone to that effect but not sure who now..maybe i'm mixed up. So maybe GNR has decided to give effect to their headline and snub melbourne for real! I hope that's not the case, as it's not the fault of us fans what the tools in the press write. And this theory seems a bit far fetched so I doubt it.

In any event i'm going to drive to sydney for the show, maybe adeliade if i can get out of work etc that long to do both, but I'm still crossing my fingers for a melbourne show.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Bet they will find that out when no one shows up for the shows! 9

You got me there. Never underestimate the world's low standards to hear an AFD cover with Axl Rose on vocals for the 80th time.

Board footer