You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Gnr To play adelaide, perth and townsville?

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
DCK wrote:

I thought GNR was finished?

Just cause you book shows, doesn't mean anyone gives a shit.

Yeah! They'll prolly be playing to empty arenas in Europe for 2 months...:rolleyes:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Just cause you book shows, doesn't mean anyone gives a shit.

But by the same token, just because people around here are frustrated with Axl doesn't mean that the shows will do badly.

In 2006 Axl played in Melbourne and sold out a 15,000-20,000 seat venue two nights in a row.

I think if GNR do another australian tour the shows would be of a similar popularity.

Yes, I think many punters would prefer a Slash+Axl line up - but bottom line is enough people would go just for Axl I think. It won't move the heavens, but it won't crash and burn either.

I know I'll be keen to check out Axl regardless, and I think lots of people would be the same.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

who can pass up a great rock and roll show no matter who's in the band other than that we get watered down rock/pop in aus fuck the haters deep down they know they will enjow some good ol rock n fukn roll

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You got me there. Never underestimate the world's low standards to hear an AFD cover with Axl Rose on vocals for the 80th time.

Absolutely. Entertainment is so dull. Like, who wants to go to a concert, hear some music and drink beer? Not me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well played. I will now confess my loss in the argument. 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Well played. I will now confess my loss in the argument.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Saw this on HTGTH.  Interesting.

http://www.ampresents.com/?module=event … wact&id=89

GUNS N' ROSES WITH SPECIAL GUESTS KORN

Andrew McManus Presents is proud to announce that global rock legends, Guns N'™ Roses will perform in Australia for not only the V8 Supercar Championship for the Sydney Telstra 500, but now also stand alone shows in Townsville and Adelaide in December 2010. Tickets go on sale from noon Tuesday 7th September. Special guests will be explosive hard-rock band KoRn.

The enigmatic front man and legendary voice of Guns N'™ Roses, Axl Rose will be joined by the current line up of Tommy Stinson on bass, Dizzy Reed on keys, Bumblefoot on guitar, Chris Pitman on keys + bass, DJ Ashba on guitar, Richard Fortus on rhythm guitar and Frank Ferrer on drums.

Promoter, Andrew McManus says, '˜this is a very exciting tour for us, I saw Guns N'™ Roses perform in Helsinki earlier this year and I'™ve never seen a bigger crowd, it was a wild concert with over 60,000 fans going freakin'™ berserk! They were really well behaved and were there purely to give the band as much energy back as the band gave them, which believe me was a ton full! I got goose bumps hearing the crowd leave the venue all as one singing 'Sweet Child O'™ Mine'.

Guns N'™ Roses last toured Australia in 2007 and have sold more than 100 million records worldwide since forming in 1985. With hits including Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O'™ Mine and November Rain, Guns N'™ Roses provided the anthems that shaped a generation.

Joining Guns N'™ Roses on this tour will be Grammy award winning metal band KoRn who have sold in excess of 30 million albums and played countless sold-out shows worldwide.

This show is not for the faint hearted and not to be missed!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

wow Korn is the opening act??? I'm not really into them but I do like a couple of tracks...maybe I do need to fly my ass to adeliade

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm fucking shocked to be honest. It's not a bad choice, it's better than Papa Roach & Baz...

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Furthers the strangeness of not adding melbourne to the trip though....and I'm not even saying that in a "you snubbed us" way...it's more it's just odd...it's the second biggest city in Australia, and sold out last time....maybe someone from here did piss off axl...or maybe it's some business reason...but I can't work out what it would be. It's just wierd...like Australia has 5 big cities or so...why skip the 2nd then fly to some of the the others that are geographically far away? it's so bizzare. But I'm excited for this tour anyway, I'll have to find a way to travel to the band if they're not comming to me!

Board footer