You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Gnr To play adelaide, perth and townsville?

misterID wrote:

I've been saying they should tour with KORN for years. YEARS.

I'm not a fan but they would help put asses in the seats in the small markets.

Not sure with their popularity, but could Korn sell out MSG by themselves?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I could sell out Madison Square Garden. NYC is such a huge city, that there's bound to be 20,000 people who like virtually anything there.

I never understood why people made such a big deal about the new band selling out twice.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I could sell out Madison Square Garden. NYC is such a huge city, that there's bound to be 20,000 people who like virtually anything there.

I never understood why people made such a big deal about the new band selling out twice.

Becuase it's a HUGE city, with 20,000 people filling a building watching you play.  It's a big deal for any band to sell out Madison Square Garden, aka The Worlds Most Famous Arena.  Not sure what world you're living in.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

20,000 people in NYC is a a dry skin flake.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Adelaide and Townsville 18  that's just bizzare city selections, I wouldn't even call Townsville a city either.  According to wiki Townsville has an estimated population of 180,000 people, it's damn strange they elected to play there.  I can only assume they wanna go to the Great Barrier Reef or the rainforests or some shit like that so they scheduled a concert to fit in with their sight seeing/tourist stuff.

Seems like the original rumour of a Perth concert as well has disappeared.  As you say Monkeychow no Melbourne concert is also very strange.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ I think the tourism theory makes a lot of sense actually. Maybe it's places they skipped last time or wanted to spend more time in.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

they played adelaide in 2007, but townsville a possible holiday destination.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

I see they have added a Perth date now - but it's not in the city it's down south about 40 or 50KM south of Perth at the Kwinana Motorplex (Mulletplex).  WTF?

That's heavy bogan country down there!!!!  It's a fair hike with fuck all easy public transport down there either.  I have never heard of them having a big name concert gig down there before either???

Read on another site that the reason for no Brisbane or Melbourne gig was the contract with the V8's in Sydney specifically excluded them playing those cities.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

i think its great that gnr are doing these gigs at townsville and gig south of perth hey could be worse they could of played sydney and thats it, some people might have to travell a little bit but would be worth it.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I will go along to the Perth one.  Will be interesting since I don't believe they have ever hosted a concert at that venue before and it's in the middle of nowhere, it's a semi industrial / rural area. 

Hopefully one of my mates will drive otherwise I have no idea on getting there and back.  Plus Perth public transport sucks so if Axl gets up to his usual tricks there is a good chance that the trains will have stopped before the concert finishes.

I reckon the Townsville one would be a great location - something very different.

Board footer