You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Stinson Vents at Del James During Dublin Concert

Aussie wrote:

Stinson to quit Guns N' Roses?

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson is considering his future with the band after a catastrophic show in Dublin tonight during which the group left the stage for almost 45 minutes at the behest of frontman Axl Rose.

Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage at the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout: "That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop."

The band returned to stage after a long hiatus, during which a third of the paying audience left, and performed almost a full set. They finally wrapped up at 1am, an hour and half later than the venue's scheduled curfew.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=15243

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I just read over on HTGTH that Tommy was not too happy about the events.  Didn't really believe it though.  Well, looks like it might be true after all.

Maybe it's just a reactionary moment for him since his family was in attendance?  Things are not looking good right now.  Here we go again.  What will tomorrow bring?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

looks like the wheels are finally falling off this circus once and for all.

Farcical on every level imaginable

faldor

faldor wrote:

So much for the entire band being behind Axl. 

I love this band, but MAN, it's something new every day.  Can't we have a little less drama?

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

But isn't Tommy a Guns N' Roses fan?  He should know that they always go on late.  Axl goes by his own clock, it's rock n' roll, why go to the show knowing they will go on late and then bitch about it.  If he doesn't like it.....   16

Just joking.

This sucks for the rest of the band since it puts them in a really shitty spot, even worse when their safety and/or that of the fans starts to become jeopardised.

Shame if this derails the whole thing, since I thought up until recently things were going pretty well overall.  Sure there are some aspects of this lineup I personally don't like but it seemed like generally they were finally hitting their straps.  Plus Axl was sounding very good too and seemed to be in a reasonably positive place.

Ahh the mysteries of the GN'R circus, you gotta love it's overall entertainment value.  14

faldor

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

But isn't Tommy a Guns N' Roses fan?  He should know that they always go on late.  Axl goes by his own clock, it's rock n' roll, why go to the show knowing they will go on late and then bitch about it.  If he doesn't like it.....   16

Just joking.

This sucks for the rest of the band since it puts them in a really shitty spot, even worse when their safety and/or that of the fans starts to become jeopardised.

Shame if this derails the whole thing, since I thought up until recently things were going pretty well overall.  Sure there are some aspects of this lineup I personally don't like but it seemed like generally they were finally hitting their straps.  Plus Axl was sounding very good too and seemed to be in a reasonably positive place.

Ahh the mysteries of the GN'R circus, you gotta love it's overall entertainment value.  14

I know you were joking, but I don't think Tommy is upset at going on late.  From what I could gather over at HTGTH AND the article you posted, he was upset that Axl pulled the band off the stage.  To Tommy, the stuff being thrown onstage wasn't that big of a deal.  I seem to remember Tommy not liking "piss" bottles thrown at him a few years back.  He even mentioned it in his recent interview with that Philly station.  Again, MAYBE it had to do with the fact that his family was in the audience.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Ahh ok, I hadn't look at any of the HTGTH threads to get any context of the article.  I assumed he was referring to the late starts.

faldor

faldor wrote:

About the going on late though.  Why does it seem like all of a sudden, the late starts are getting so much attention?  Am I crazy to think that it's due to the coverage it got leading up to the Reading/Leeds festivals?  They put it out in the press, pretty much warning the crowd that they could be in for a long wait.  I know it's been said to death, but they've ALWAYS gone on late.  And 1 hour, a half hour, 1 and a half hours, that's not exactly breaking any records.  A lot of shows have close to an hour wait in between the opening act and the main act.  I went to see Tom Petty a few weeks back and he went on about an hour after Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

It just seems like there's something a little extra going on here.  It's a nightly occurrence that things are hurled at the stage now.  It's almost a part of the show.  Maybe they should build themselves a bubble that they can play in for protection.

Honestly though, it just seems some concertgoers are taking matters into their own hands and they feel they have the right to become part of the show.  I mean, this was a SOLD OUT show and this happened.  I just don't get it.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

There certainly seems to be a lot more dickheads in the crowds more recently.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I hate these little pricks who throw anything at any concert. They should have their teeth kicked in.

Board footer