You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: anything more to look forward to?

Axlin16 wrote:

All i'm asking for is new music.

I'd just like another album or two. But we can get as pissed as we would like, as long as Axl can still sell out shows internationally, and maybe get half-full venues in the U.S., new Guns will still be out there as long as Axl wants to keep doing it.

I'm just bored with the same shows since 2002... let's move on to another album please. Thank you in advance.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

leaks are our only hope

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm still hoping his relations with DJ, Ron & Tommy can be so good, that he gets comfortable enough to "go there" with another album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

doorlock.jpg

Axls door lock

I dont forsee any new music whatsoever.. I think CD was his personal quest that he just HAD to finish regardless of time/money/lineups, and he just likes playing the old stuff a little too much.. he has Adler syndrome somewhat.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...I see the current events as all positive for GNR really, Axl's had a reputation as an asshole since the St Louis Riot, it doesn't stop anything happening, it just fills magazine space....

I see this tour as positive because the band is out there and doing stuff, compared to say a period like 2004 where nothing at all was happening. These days things are going on.

If Axl ever chooses to release CD2, I have no doubt someone would distribute it even if Geffin didn't want to or whatever, so I think there's potentially good stuff in the future, it's just a question of when the times comes.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I fear for the rest of the CD sessions, I used to be as optimistic as anyone about a follow up album but now I'm more inclined to believe the music will be shelved permenantly.
You've got to wonder what Axls goals are now, he has a completly different band to the one that recorded the bulk of the music in the vault, and bizarrely hasnt recorded a note with them. Seems like the excruciatingly drawn out CD sessions have put him off recording completely, so where is he headed with this new line up?
Mabye at the end of this tour the camaraderie of the band will be something similar to the guys pre-Appetite, and they will hit the studio and their life experiences together and friendship will help them knock out new music much quicker and more organicly, than the forced companionship of the CD era.
I think it would do Axl the world of good to release some, raw, newly recorded balls to the wall, stripped down music, in the form of an ep or something. Forget the baggage of trying to make a Guns N Roses album that would satisfy the expectations of every critic in the world, and start releasing music just for the simple joy of making fuckin music.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I fear for the rest of the CD sessions, I used to be as optimistic as anyone about a follow up album but now I'm more inclined to believe the music will be shelved permenantly.
You've got to wonder what Axls goals are now, he has a completly different band to the one that recorded the bulk of the music in the vault, and bizarrely hasnt recorded a note with them. Seems like the excruciatingly drawn out CD sessions have put him off recording completely, so where is he headed with this new line up?

I think that is a fair assesment to make as he has always been the impediment toward releasing new music for Guns N' Roses.  I think that the rest of the guys do want to release and record new music (read Ron's past few interviews) but they all have to wait on Axl.  And who knows when he feels like going into the studio.  This is where having a manager who's a little tough and not an enabler would help.  There are still some issues lingering between Axl and his record label from the CD promotion fiasco.

In short, unless he absolutely needs to release a record, we'll get more of the same.  A tour every few years with rumors of a new record and members leaving and being  replaced is what I see in the future.

Board footer