You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: Slash eyed Rose for solo album

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I look forward to a new album everyday, even though I think a reunion is more likely at this point. I'm excited by the 2010 band, but Axl kills all dreams, because I know he'll never do a fucking thing other than cash grab tours.

I'm with you Naltav, my mouth drools over the prospect of another album or more. I'd love to see Axl stick with this lineup and release music.

But when he has no intention, that's when I get, "well if you're just gonna tour the hits, get the guys back that wrote the songs, otherwise release new music". Even Chinese Democracy has worn out it's welcome now, it's time for something new, and Whole Lotta Rosie ain't it.

I think you're right. I honestly don't think we'll ever see another album, not even if the original lineup reunited. Some think the old guys could get it out of him, but I think the pressure and stakes will be so much higher that it would never happen. Of course I also don't believe a reunion will ever happen either because he will never get over his bitterness. The man has not evolved at all in all these years. It's wishful thinking to expect it to happen suddenly over night.

Sky Dog wrote:

oh please....the drama. roll I guarantee you we will see another album or at least some form of original music at some point...don't know when but it will happen.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
madagas wrote:

oh please....the drama. roll I guarantee you we will see another album or at least some form of original music at some point...don't know when but it will happen.

/me takes screenshot and archives for the 'future'

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mickronson wrote:
madagas wrote:

I say the wheels get turning within the next year for the next album.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

If Axl thinks CD was perfect enough to get released, then the guy does not have an ounce of perfectionism at all.

Who said he thought it was perfect enough to be released? From where I sit it seems like it was only released because he was backed into a corner and needed the monkey off his back. He certainly was not happy with it and wanted nothing to do with it. If it wasn't for Azoff I am not sure it ever would have seen the light of day.

I don't think we'd have CD if Axl didn't think it was done and finished and complete. With other words: perfect enough to get released.

Axl had been the head of production for years, yet he released a very badly produced album. After 15 years. It just kills all those 'perfectionist' myths. The fact itself that CD got released with this production kills that myth and there is no need why he chose to release it if he wasn't satisfied. A perfectionist wouldn't do that. But he's not a perfectionist at all. Even he denied that he'd be, just the 'believers' hoped he is. They were wrong.

BTW there is nothing that would prove your bolded words. I even remrmber him saying that he's proud of the album and this is the album he wanted to release.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
mickronson wrote:
madagas wrote:

I say the wheels get turning within the next year for the next album.

When did you become such an optimist? 16

BTW there is nothing that would prove your bolded words.

'Nothing' is a stretch. Not one movement of forward progress happened until Azoff walked in and got the Best Buy deal, and in my opinion if there hadn't been so many leaks, we'd still be waiting for it. It reached a point where it was too easy for him to let it go. The myth was gone, almost a full album's worth of tracks already out there and had been reviewed by various media outlets for years. It was the perfect opportunity for him to wash his hands of it.

When the release date is announced, he disappears for a year or so. Then when he resurfaced, admitted it was not rolled out to his liking and that there were problems.

Sky Dog wrote:

all the leaks are on the album....not a coincidence....it was a hand washing that bailed him out of the financial mess he created plus put a little coin in his pocket.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I also tend to think that he was finally backed into a corner and forced to release it.  Leaks and financial issues must have played their part.

Even if he thought it was a good idea at some point in the process is seems pretty evident that once the record company got some kind of "sign off" or hold of the masters, the whole thing went hurtling along at a great rate of knots.  Presumably that was an intentional strategy so Axl had no way of stopping it, or changing his mind etc etc.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Without sounding presumptuous, what took so long to get the album out?

And without sounding facetious, what didn't? There aren't too many issues of the hundreds [we ran into] that happened as quickly as anyone would have preferred, from building my studio; finding the right players; never did find a producer; still don't have real record company involvement or support; to getting it out and mixed and mastered.
All that aside, it's the right record and I couldn't ask for more in that regard.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It saddens me, but I wonder if Axl blew his creative load on UYI and that's it. CD is almost like a collection of fragments of good ideas that other contract players whipped up into songs.

I always thought Axl was the best of his generation, but in alot of ways he was a one trick pony. He's like rock's Mark Prior. Prior was touted as the next great pitcher in baseball history. He was the power of Roger Clemens but with the finese of Greg Maddux. He was gonna be a legend. He finally makes it to the majors, has one real bonafide significant season in 2003 with the Cubs nearly making it to the World Series, and bam... the dude fades away, and within a few years was out of baseball completely. He's now a back-end rotation guy on a Double-A ball team in the sticks in the Rangers organization.

Why did I bore everyone with a baseball metaphor? Because Axl Rose is Mark Prior. And it bugs the hell out of me. Axl should've gotten to be Mick or Steven, like it was supposed to be.

At least Axl didn't sell himself out like Steven or Mick for that matter. He and his bandmates flamed out quickly, but you know what they say about bright stars. I also have to say that the Prior analogy falls down when you look at their overall careers. Axl is a Hall of Fame singer/writer. Prior never came close to being a Hall of Fame pitcher.

Board footer