You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Slash eyed Rose for solo album

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Congrats - I am sure you'll make a great dad.

I hope Axl can once again make great music that I enjoy. I'm right there with you on that, I just don't think it will ever happen unless some things change significantly and there's no reason to expect that.

Thanks!  5

Maybe that second album could be more your cup of tea. You never know...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I look forward to a new album everyday, even though I think a reunion is more likely at this point. I'm excited by the 2010 band, but Axl kills all dreams, because I know he'll never do a fucking thing other than cash grab tours.

I'm with you Naltav, my mouth drools over the prospect of another album or more. I'd love to see Axl stick with this lineup and release music.

But when he has no intention, that's when I get, "well if you're just gonna tour the hits, get the guys back that wrote the songs, otherwise release new music". Even Chinese Democracy has worn out it's welcome now, it's time for something new, and Whole Lotta Rosie ain't it.

Mikkamakka wrote:

True. I didn't mean the quality of the songs, that's debatable, although I don't find too much interesting there at all, except TWAT and a few good ideas here and there.
Anyway, my point was that a perfectionist wouldn't release such a badly produced album, with cuts and pastes from different universes. You just don't. Not to mention the awful booklet, but that's really secondary. The album production is one of the worsts I've ever heard. My brother's band's doing better in their own, cheap home studio.

I think if it were up to Axl the album would've never ever been released. I think they had him by the balls, he had bills to pay, Azoff probably promised him the moon, and by the time he finally delivered the album and regretted it, it was too late. Azoff took it and ran.

I've always felt that was the start of the friction between Axl and him.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I look forward to a new album everyday, even though I think a reunion is more likely at this point. I'm excited by the 2010 band, but Axl kills all dreams, because I know he'll never do a fucking thing other than cash grab tours.

I'm with you Naltav, my mouth drools over the prospect of another album or more. I'd love to see Axl stick with this lineup and release music.

But when he has no intention, that's when I get, "well if you're just gonna tour the hits, get the guys back that wrote the songs, otherwise release new music". Even Chinese Democracy has worn out it's welcome now, it's time for something new, and Whole Lotta Rosie ain't it.

Yeah I would really like him to release all the other shit he has plus some new stuff with the current guys before I have any wish for a reunion.

Whilst I suspect a reunion that had new music would probably sound quite classic GNR (which would be really cool), I'm still keen to hear what else Axl can throw out there from his post Slash work.  Some of the directions and ideas he has tried probably would be quite different to any work he might do with the original guys, so it would be nice to see some more of where he is going with that.

BUT I agree with you Axlin08 if he ain't gonna be creative with the new guys......

BTW - Congrat's also Naltav, I'll be joing you in less than 2 months for the first time as well.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

Thanx! And the same to you, Aussie! It's a trip!  smile

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

It's a shame that the clusterfuck that was chidems release will no doubt dissuade axl from further releases

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

It's a shame that the clusterfuck that was chidems release will no doubt dissuade axl from further releases

Or it could actually have the opposite effect on him. With a new and loyal (he can't possibly make THAT misstake twice) management behind him, he could actually be more like: "Fuck 'em! Let's soldier on! My opus ain't complete until this and that are released!"

Seeing how on fire he is at the moment performing ChiDem, gives me hope that his attitude is in the right place for those of us who wants more material...
wink

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Yeah true, a second release of new material, tour promo etc could only go better than the first release.  I'm not implying that means it will be super hot in the mainstream etc (but cool if that happens), but it can't go as rough as the CD release and promo.  (I'm not necessarily talking sales figures either, but rather the things as a whole).

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yeah true, a second release of new material, tour promo etc could only go better than the first release.  I'm not implying that means it will be super hot in the mainstream etc (but cool if that happens), but it can't go as rough as the CD release and promo.  (I'm not necessarily talking sales figures either, but rather the things as a whole).

After listening to ChiDem-music since 2001, I've gotten used to "having it for myself", if you know what I mean.

Even though the release and promotion didn't go according to what was planned or how most fans at visioned it to go. Now, almost two years after, I'm still happy with having this little gem to myself.

Touring will allways go good for this band. As long as Axl shows up to the majority of the shows. The brand GNR is just to strong.

If for some reason the next album will be a text-book-release with all that promotion that usually follows a high profile release and the album/songs are a success in the mainstream. I'll take that as a bonus at this point.

And if it goes tits up and only sells "ok", I'll have even more music for myself! No harm done!
smile

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Yeah how it was received and how the promo went is only a side issue for me.  I'm happy with CD and that I got new music, I'll also take new music from them however they end up dishing it up.

I'm not fussy tongue , just gimme gimme gimme

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

If Axl thinks CD was perfect enough to get released, then the guy does not have an ounce of perfectionism at all.

Who said he thought it was perfect enough to be released? From where I sit it seems like it was only released because he was backed into a corner and needed the monkey off his back. He certainly was not happy with it and wanted nothing to do with it. If it wasn't for Azoff I am not sure it ever would have seen the light of day.

Board footer