You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash added Welcome to the Jungle to the setlist!

metallex78 wrote:

Got this link from the same thread discussion at HTGTH

Slash in Vancouver - "Welcome To The Jungle"

Sounds killer! 21

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Great to see the man who wrote those riffs finally playing it again!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Jesus...Slash is great and plays great, but that Miles Kennedy guy...blah...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Needs more 2010 Axl

Jesus it's so funny and ironic... Myles sounds just like 2002 Axl. 16

Maybe I need to audition for Slash, I can do better than that.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Needs more 2010 Axl

Jesus it's so funny and ironic... Myles sounds just like 2002 Axl. 16

This.

The band was great though. 3

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Interesting to see it in the set.  Unfortunately whilst I really like Myles voice he just doesn't seem to quite pull Jungle off there.

What I think would be really interesting is if Slash started throwing in more UYI tracks like, Locomotive, Estranged (lol) etc.  Fans have been wanting Axl to play more Illusions for ages would be quite funny if Slash gave it to them.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

yes, but he did give them Civil War....

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

yes, but he did give them Civil War....

Yeah that's awesome!!! It was great seeing him play that, it's a fucken good song with some awesome guitar, one of the highlights of the set for me!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Interesting to see it in the set.  Unfortunately whilst I really like Myles voice he just doesn't seem to quite pull Jungle off there.

What I think would be really interesting is if Slash started throwing in more UYI tracks like, Locomotive, Estranged (lol) etc.  Fans have been wanting Axl to play more Illusions for ages would be quite funny if Slash gave it to them.

I think he'll stay away from Estranged. Slash & Duff both have tended to stay away from the Axl songs.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm quite a big fan of Myles generally, but I do think jungle is one of those songs only Axl can pull off vocally, it just needs that anger and rasp that he has.

Still myles has a good range, and overall suits the bulk of slash's music well, he was great on the VR tracks, and the solo ablum tracks, and just kind of adaquate at the GNR stuff I'd say....but maybe that's cos i'm also a huge axl fan and it's just tough to hear other voices on those tunes. Great to see slash playing the shit that made him famous again though. I was just so impressed with his solo show. Really cant say it enough. Got such an impression of his talent. Hope we see more and more of him and that he does more recordings. I'm excited to see what else the myles-slash team could do - Back from Cali and Startlight are pretty fun songs.

Board footer