You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash added Welcome to the Jungle to the setlist!

Axlin16 wrote:

Is U2 in? I don't remember?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Is U2 in? I don't remember?

Yep, inducted in 2005.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And deservedly so.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And deservedly so.

Hell yeah.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Ouch I think i just read that GnR has not influenced anyone...really?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Correct. Who have they influenced? Grunge took over the rock world right around the time that GN'R was about to fall apart. And grunge/post-grunge still rules the rock world...which is not a good thing IMHO. Nirvana was very influential but I think the influence turned out to be more negative than positive. People didn't realize it at the time, but look what we're stuck with today. Nickelback is basically a commercialized form of grunge.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

To be honest, this argument has popped up before. There's not alot of artists out there citing GN'R as an influence. I've heard some of the nu-metal and post-grunge bands lead singers cite Axl as an influence, but nobody of real musical cred. Just commercialized/producer-created post-grunge radio-ready pop-rock bands.

To be honest, I think it's because the old band doesn't exist, and hasn't existed since 1993, unlike Metallica which is cited alot.

If GN'R were to reunite, I think you'd see tons of articles and blogging by musical acts saying they were influenced by GN'R. It just hasn't happened, because by the time those guys came around, GN'R had been long dormant and long out of mind for awhile.

It doesn't help that Axl doesn't socialize or work with any fucking body. I'm sure there's tons out there that would like to, but are skeptical because of his diva-like rep.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Correct. Who have they influenced? Grunge took over the rock world right around the time that GN'R was about to fall apart. And grunge/post-grunge still rules the rock world...which is not a good thing IMHO. Nirvana was very influential but I think the influence turned out to be more negative than positive. People didn't realize it at the time, but look what we're stuck with today. Nickelback is basically a commercialized form of grunge.

AX7, Kid Rock, linkin park, papa roch, Buckcherry, Shinedown, VELVET REVOLVER!, blind melon,skid row? oasis, Shooter Jennings,  Do i really need to list everyone?  sources too I bet?  Not to mention unknowns- kids, guitarists bass players, drummers, singers, songwriters, producers, fans, poets, ect..ect..ect

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

AX7, Kid Rock, linkin park, papa roch, Buckcherry, Shinedown, VELVET REVOLVER!, blind melon,skid row? oasis, Shooter Jennings,  Do i really need to list everyone?  sources too I bet?  Not to mention unknowns- kids, guitarists bass players, drummers, singers, songwriters, producers, fans, poets, ect..ect..ect

Well I'll be damned if that isn't the greatest list ever. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Buckcherry is such a GNR rip off (but I still like them)... Early 90's Brother Cane had a lot of GNR influence.  AX7 is GNR and Maiden influenced for sure.  Silvertide, big GNR influence...

Board footer