You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash added Welcome to the Jungle to the setlist!

monkeychow wrote:

Influence?

Slash is famous for more than just a hat you know. Just because modern bands dont sound like GNR doesn't mean that pretty much all guitarists don't at some stage study what slash did (does) along with the old masters like Hendrix etc. You can't understand guitar and not be aware of him. That simple.

As for Axl. I'd hesitate to guess a lot of singers are impressed at his range and power too.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

5 O'Clock, and I only mention it because I JUST listened to it today for the first time in YEARS.... man that album vocally is a fuckin' turd.

Not only are the lyrics godawful throughout (except for a couple songs), Dover is a goddamn hideous vocalist. I began cringing towards the end.

Interesting. Now I'm sure Axl would have knocked it out of the park, but I never found the vocals much of a problem. In fact i've often thought my band i'm working on needs a bit of a dude like dover who can sing but also kind of belt it out in places. Good vocalists are so hard to find.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Call John Corabi or Kelly Hansen. They are session vocalists in hard rock, and FAR more talented than Dover.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ Damn that's the guy from Motley Crue for a while huh. He'd be killer...tipping he's out of my price range...but damn it would be mad!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know that's an interesting question. What kind of money do session vocalists make? Not sure what Corabi's up to now. Hanson's with Foreigner. That's gotta bring some sort of decent paycheck, at least on touring.

Hmmm, just something I wonder. I might need to get a job. I hear VR's open. 16

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

John Corabi's name was floating around after Scott left and names were popping up as who replacements would be, and he unfortunately shot the rumour down and said no. Shame, because I reckon with him they'd make an absolutely killer hard rock album.

He probably doesn't wanna be seen as a guy replacing Vince Neil, to a guy replacing Axl Rose.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

John Corabi's name was floating around after Scott left and names were popping up as who replacements would be, and he unfortunately shot the rumour down and said no. Shame, because I reckon with him they'd make an absolutely killer hard rock album.

He probably doesn't wanna be seen as a guy replacing Vince Neil, to a guy replacing Axl Rose.

He should have just looked at it as replacing crack whore Scott Weiland. He'd be a huge upgrade if he looked at it from that perspective. 21

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, and at least with John up front, they'd no doubt go back into the heavier rock direction that Slash keeps saying they originally wanted to go in.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

He should have just looked at it as replacing crack whore Scott Weiland. He'd be a huge upgrade if he looked at it from that perspective. 21

I really liked dover unplugged w slash. He is no Axl but who is? his voice went Gr8 with slash imho Edit: i forgot about the interview here "does this mean you have left GnR? "

[youtube]SR3uZX3enMQ&translated=1[/youtube]

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that's a fucking awesome rendition of that tune!

Board footer