You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Ron & Frank Play With Guns 2 Roses

Aussie wrote:

This was posted at mygnr:

Heya guys

Members of Guns 2 Roses & Guns N Roses performed a low key gig this afternoon thing in Oxford.

Songs performed were Shackler's Revenge, Sweet Child O Mine and Paradise City.

This was totally unrehearsed so Shackler's in particular had bits missing but still was ok.

According to the guy at mygnr that posted it he went on to say:

But basically the owner of the venue that they was at just let G2R know they were there. G2R didn't know they were playing with Ron n' Frank until they arrived (I arrived with them, I know) the guy playing bass - who isn't G2R's bassist - had to learn it in a back of a van like 15 minutes before they performed it. This wasn't to promote either GNR or G2R. It was just Ron n Frank doing a little school/session with youngsters helping to spread rock music and encourage them, as G2R were there they thought "what the hell".

Edit: As it so happens, me and Gav (the singer) were getting hammered at the bar thinking "this is surreal seeing them in a venue this size performing with 10 year olds" when the owner just came along and went "is it alright if you do a couple of songs with 'em?"

Related article explaing why Ron and Frank were at the venue:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox … e-11528592

l_279c390c38174dd1bc406e6cd1f228d6.jpg
l_a642008942cf46d59ae77ff7ffa0d54d.jpg
l_e32424e2811447ada8b6c248b919fd48.jpg

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Pretty cool of Ron and Frank to do that!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I still prefer the other cover band they're in.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

And there's Skelly too smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Thats really nice of them. Rons sure got the rock star look nailed these days 16

Whos the girl in the middle?

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

I wondered who the chick was too.

Yeah it's really good of them to get up and do that because the whole thing was always going to probably sound like an abortion musically, so to get up anyhow and just have some fun was really cool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's "Skelly" (not sure if i should post her real name) used to post here (i think) and definately at HTGTH. She's engaged to G2R's Axl. About the time she hooked up with him she quit forum use but used to be a huge poster. I talk to her sometimes online. She's a cool chick.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Holy shit. Ron's doing the tapping and singing at the same time? I'd never clocked that before. The man is some sort of guitar sorcerer.

I actually kinda like the "no-fretless" version of the solo he improvs here.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's "Skelly" (not sure if i should post her real name) used to post here (i think) and definately at HTGTH. She's engaged to G2R's Axl. About the time she hooked up with him she quit forum use but used to be a huge poster. I talk to her sometimes online. She's a cool chick.

Pretty foxy too smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Holy shit. Ron's doing the tapping and singing at the same time? I'd never clocked that before. The man is some sort of guitar sorcerer.

yeah thats incredible, how fuckin awesome would that be? a couple gnr dudes show up at the gig and play with your bad? holy fuck that would be sweet...wonder if Axl felt weird to move around like "Axl"  while playing with them? it seems as though he was maybe a bit reserved

Board footer