You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES - FOREVER TOGETHER // South American Tour Documentary

monkeychow wrote:

My god that's some good footage of the band! Shows you how great a real pro shot live dvd could be.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thats pretty cool! but they should've used a different song considering that they dont even really play that one live....still awesome awesome stuff. would be cool if they released a DVD for sure

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Footage looks great. Too bad it'll never be released.

Thanks Axl, your the best!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I know i'm going to be pushing this one up hill, but we don't actually know it won't be released do we? Other than the track record of not releasing. But like they didnt out right say it wont did they?

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I know i'm going to be pushing this one up hill, but we don't actually know it won't be released do we? Other than the track record of not releasing. But like they didnt out right say it wont did they?

I think a bandmember (Fortus?) said somewhere (twitter?) that they had plans of documenting the tour but plans got scrapped. I thought the whole filming of it got scrapped, but maybe he meant releasing it...?
hmm

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ Ahh ok...damn. That's a shame. Looked cool.

Does any one else remember the youtube footage from some other doco they had too? It showed axl walking in from a hummer and going straight on stage and doing jungle....

I'd love to see a proper video of this kind of thing. It sucks that the last  GNR video products where in the 1990s. Imagine a pro shot video with a bit of behind the scenes like that on the tour, then like some of the CD songs, and like nighttrain or rosie or some of this stuff. Would be such a great buy!!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Any kind of official video would be cool!

The making of the Trilogy videos are awesome! I have watched them so many times over the years that I almost know every word by heart! (*embarrassed-total-nerd-fanboy/axlite*)

Imagine something like that released in regards to the Chinese Democracy saga! Real personal interviews from the people involved!
I'd eat that shit raw!

As for a full live DVD/BluRay with AFD, UYI and CD songs, I doubt we will ever see that.

Why? Copy and paste from another thread:

Naltav wrote:

If GNR wanted to release some proshot material from a show. That would include many songs from the back catalogue, and would prolly mean that ex-members would have to give the green light for the release. Prolly not the easiest thing in the world to negotiate!
hmm

And then you could argue, "Hell, just release a show on bluray with all new material!"
Then the label would prolly say: "What?! C'mon Axl... You can't possibly think that we're gonna release a live Guns N' Roses show without SCOM, WTTJ, PC. Get a grip man!!"

Just because Axl owns the GNR name, doesn't mean he can release whatever he sees fit. I think....

Thinking about this makes me wanna know stuff about GNR's contract with Universal. How many albums? Timeframe etc etc...

Would kinda give us a hint on when to start expecting some ccol releases!

johndivney wrote:

if they made a film of the recording of Chinese it would be one of the best rock films ever, one of the craziest rock stories ever told. but i'm sure it wasn't filmed.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
johndivney wrote:

if they made a film of the recording of Chinese it would be one of the best rock films ever, one of the craziest rock stories ever told. but i'm sure it wasn't filmed.

If it was taped, the important parts probably werent, just probably the stuff from the 2 years before the album was released.

Board footer