You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Duff Joining GNR (Oct 14, 2010) was awesome but dumb

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

the crazy part is people in this thread trying to downplay this. My fucking God Duff played live on stage with Axl Rose and still people say it does´t mean much. It means a shit ton and if people can´t see the reunion coming they are so in denial.
If a week ago anyone told us Duff would be on stage replacing Tommy for one song people would laugh at the idea and say no way but now it happens and I´m reading people say it doesn´t mean that much? Fuck off hahaha!

I´m not saying a  reunion is coming tomorrow but gimme a break people the "near impossible" just happened.

All we need to remember about this is, Axl said he would maybe do something with Duff. And he did.

No matter how much that shits all over your selective memory and fantasy, those are the facts.

End of story!

Unreal. Say all the shit you want in hindsight and what Axl has said in the past and all that fucking bullshit. FACT is had anyone suggested this was really going to happen last week everyone would have told that person to fuck off they are crazy. So it does happen and now everyone basically says it´s not a big deal. Gimme a  break.  Selective memory my ass, sorry I´m shitting all over YOUR lack of comon sense perspective.  A week ago Duff playing on stage with Guns N ´Roses was a pipe dream and people would have considerd such an act as a tell tale sign of a reunion coming at some point but when it turns into reality people start acting like it means fuck all. roll

Even though Axl said what he said in the past it´s still a  huge shock to see it happen and anyone who says it´s not is full of shit. Now that THIS has hapened only one other thing needs to. Whoever the drummer is, is irelevant really but now we have two combinations of 3/4 original Guns N´Roses members willing to play together and have made it happen. How anyone can sit there and say with a  straight face this isn´t a huge steeping stone to an inevitable reunion down the road is beyond me.

It´s inevitable. Time heals all wounds and it´s starting to show more and more with these guys. Not aknowledgeing Tommy openly saying he´d step aside for a reunion is some selective memory on your part. It´s says he understands what a reunion would mean and he´d be ok with it. Funny how you fail to even add this into the equation.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Honestly, the only way I'd accept a reunion is if I don't feel that it's shitting on the current members of the band.  Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman in particular, since they've stood by Axl since, what, the late Nineties? The other guys have arrived later in the day, but Bumblefoot is such a stand-up guy that if he was forced to step aside - in favour of a guy Axl's described as "a cancer" - it'd really sting.

Best-case scenario for a reunion, IMO, would be if Tommy stepped aside for Duff, and Axl subbed in Slash for DJ (who, let's be fair, has only been in GN'R for a year).

Izzy's too unreliable to tour (and I personally think Matt's kind of a tool, so I'd rather keep Frank). Still, he'd be around for guest spots and songwriting.

Bumble doesn't seem to have an ego on him, so Slash would be able to take his precious "lead guitar spot" - and Fortus' onstage acrobatics would pretty much make up for the fact that every time Slash moves he gets zapped by his pacemaker.

But, really, I think the Duff thing was a chance one-off. It's not a portent of anything, and I prefer the notion of Axl touring with his current band, who he's friends with, than Axl and Slash glaring at each other from opposite sides of the stage on some retirement-fund tour.

Sky Dog wrote:

Dizzy has been in since 1990, Tommy 1998, Mother Goose 1998, Fortus 2002, Bumble 2006, Frank 2006, Dj 2009. tongue

Sky Dog wrote:

My 2 cents on a reunion....nothing will happen unless Izzy is fully involved.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

...." - and Fortus' onstage acrobatics would pretty much make up for the fact that every time Slash moves he gets zapped by his pacemaker.....

wow 14...Thanx for the laugh!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Honestly, the only way I'd accept a reunion is if I don't feel that it's shitting on the current members of the band.  Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman in particular.

If there was a true "all-five" reunion, the only one of these three who might have to go is Tommy.  Dizzy is UYI "original" in that he wasn't replacing anybody to join, and Pitman is completely off in his own category, so wouldn't be in anyone's way.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Bono wrote:

FACT is had anyone suggested this was really going to happen last week everyone would have told that person to fuck off they are crazy.

Considering the FACT he actually said he could do something with Duff, the shock and awe experience didn't happen to me. It was a great surprise because it happened that night, just as it would have been a great surprise no matter what the date was. The surprise was he showed, not that it would never never happen, because Axl actually said he didn't rule it out. It wasn't a pipe dream, it was more about the stars aligning correctly for it to happen, as would have been MY answer if I was asked this two weeks ago.

"Will Duff play with GNR and Axl again?"

My answer would have been

"Maybe, as Axl have left the door open for it. I don't expect it any time soon, but I don't rule it out".

As it happened, it was a great and unexpected surprise, but not a pipe dream or a crazy thought.

I don't think it's "unreal" anything of what Naltav says.

But you know...go head milking the reunion cow. It's a lot of fun.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

smoke wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Honestly, the only way I'd accept a reunion is if I don't feel that it's shitting on the current members of the band.  Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman in particular.

If there was a true "all-five" reunion, the only one of these three who might have to go is Tommy.  Dizzy is UYI "original" in that he wasn't replacing anybody to join, and Pitman is completely off in his own category, so wouldn't be in anyone's way.

Yeah, but that presupposes that Slash and co wouldn't want to strip the band back down to just five members. Both Slash and Izzy seem to prefer playing in a guitar-driven setup, without all the keyboards and orchestral doohickeys that Axl likes.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

the crazy part is people in this thread trying to downplay this. My fucking God Duff played live on stage with Axl Rose and still people say it does´t mean much. It means a shit ton and if people can´t see the reunion coming they are so in denial.
If a week ago anyone told us Duff would be on stage replacing Tommy for one song people would laugh at the idea and say no way but now it happens and I´m reading people say it doesn´t mean that much? Fuck off hahaha!

I´m not saying a  reunion is coming tomorrow but gimme a break people the "near impossible" just happened.

All we need to remember about this is, Axl said he would maybe do something with Duff. And he did.

No matter how much that shits all over your selective memory and fantasy, those are the facts.

End of story!

Unreal. Say all the shit you want in hindsight and what Axl has said in the past and all that fucking bullshit. FACT is had anyone suggested this was really going to happen last week everyone would have told that person to fuck off they are crazy. So it does happen and now everyone basically says it´s not a big deal. Gimme a  break.  Selective memory my ass, sorry I´m shitting all over YOUR lack of comon sense perspective.  A week ago Duff playing on stage with Guns N ´Roses was a pipe dream and people would have considerd such an act as a tell tale sign of a reunion coming at some point but when it turns into reality people start acting like it means fuck all. roll

Even though Axl said what he said in the past it´s still a  huge shock to see it happen and anyone who says it´s not is full of shit. Now that THIS has hapened only one other thing needs to. Whoever the drummer is, is irelevant really but now we have two combinations of 3/4 original Guns N´Roses members willing to play together and have made it happen. How anyone can sit there and say with a  straight face this isn´t a huge steeping stone to an inevitable reunion down the road is beyond me.

It´s inevitable. Time heals all wounds and it´s starting to show more and more with these guys. Not aknowledgeing Tommy openly saying he´d step aside for a reunion is some selective memory on your part. It´s says he understands what a reunion would mean and he´d be ok with it. Funny how you fail to even add this into the equation.

Jeeezz! Sorry, I stopped halfway through your post. It actually seems like you're trying very hard to convince yourself...
roll

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm in the camp that it happened and that's it. Izzy's appearance meant nothing in the end. At the time it was exciting. Four years later, nothing.

Duff appears, and it is exciting. My bet is four years later, we'll looking back at this as just another guest. I'd love to be wrong, but only time will tell.

Besides, like we've gone over, if Slash isn't involved, so what? What if Duff's appearance meant there was gonna be a reunion of Duff, Izzy, Axl and Steven or Matt. Would that be where this huge steppingstone led us?

Duff isn't the lynch pin. Slash is.

Board footer