You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Duff Joining GNR (Oct 14, 2010) was awesome but dumb

DCK wrote:
Aussie wrote:

What happened with Duff getting on stage I think was absolutely awesome!  But to think this whole thing was a complete coincidence - (loud music up the corridor of the same hotel out of the blue etc etc) if you believe that then you believe in the tooth fairy.

That was a semi-joke, a story told to how Duff was on stage. They stayed at the same hotel and ran into each other. End of story. Like you say, don't believe in the tooth fairy.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Yeah, I wondered why Duff was in that hotel...maybe he had a ticket to see them smile  Either way, there have been rumours for a while Duff and Axl have been on speaking terms and this to me was premed...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
DCK wrote:
Aussie wrote:

What happened with Duff getting on stage I think was absolutely awesome!  But to think this whole thing was a complete coincidence - (loud music up the corridor of the same hotel out of the blue etc etc) if you believe that then you believe in the tooth fairy.

That was a semi-joke, a story told to how Duff was on stage. They stayed at the same hotel and ran into each other. End of story. Like you say, don't believe in the tooth fairy.

Was it a semi joke?  I read that story in an online article from either rollingstone or some other place (not that that gives it any more credibility), and just thought WTF.  I can understand a coincidence of just staying in the same hotel but the other stuff was "out there"!

So presumably Axl said that stuff on stage just messing around (I haven't watched any of the youtube vids) and that's where that info came from?  Idiot reporters rehashing stuff like that as if it's gospel.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The question to me is, why was Duff in London anyway? I thought VR were back rehearsing again in LA?

And what would the rest of the VR guys think of this...?
Probably not much, because Slash is pretty humble and Matt has made peace with Axl too. But still, surely it is odd for Duff to go play with Axl's new GN'R when VR are supposedly prepping themselves up again.

Just some food for thought.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It does make you wonder in terms of the VR rehersals. I know a great singer for VR, he's about 5'10 with red hair.....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Good points. I guess anything is possible. Sudden "back rehearsing" and then Duff's in London hanging and performing with GN'R is kinda odd.

I know Slash seemed to take issue with Matt partying with Axl in 2006, but I highly doubt Slash can, regardless of would, dictate to Duff what Duff does with his time.

If Slash cocks an attitude I could easily see Duff calling Axl and saying "work me in".

Is it possible that Slash is continuing VR with a new bassist?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

The whole thing with Duff being up there playing with GN'R, as great as it is, is that D is right, it kills all the hard work that Axl has done with the new guys.

And I especially feel sorry for Tommy, who has worked REALLY hard to earn his place in the band. It's be a shame to have him just tossed aside for a reunion.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Is it possible that Slash is continuing VR with a new bassist?

If that's the case I reckon Slash should leave VR dead in the water.
No need to continue with a new singer AND a new bassist. It'd be just like the nuGN'R with revolving band members.

Slash should start a new band with Myles, if the above is the case.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dont see any falling out with duff on the cards.

I mean the whole thing of VR is that it's duff, slash and matt....if that happened he'd just keep doing his solo tracks.

But i think it's all just coincidence. Duff is a music lover first and will jam with people for fun when they ask him too. Doesn't mean he's quitting his day job as the best bassist in the world smile

I'm pretty sure we'll see VR back and rolling in a year or so. Unless there is a god and somehow duff opens a door for slash to call axl and sort it out...but you know...it's more likely i'll get that call from alicia witt.

alicia_witt_5.jpg

I'll take either of those events wink

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Aussie wrote:
DCK wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Was it a semi joke?  I read that story in an online article from either rollingstone or some other place (not that that gives it any more credibility), and just thought WTF.  I can understand a coincidence of just staying in the same hotel but the other stuff was "out there"!

So presumably Axl said that stuff on stage just messing around (I haven't watched any of the youtube vids) and that's where that info came from?  Idiot reporters rehashing stuff like that as if it's gospel.

It came straight from one of Axl's little jokes on stage after Duff came on. It's one of those things which holds a percentage of truth, made funny by over-stating it a little. Typical Axl stuff.

I seriously don't get what Tommy has to do with this either. He's been the bass player for over 10 years, and will continue to be so until Axl packs it in  due to (insert reason here). He is man enough to share a stage with Duff without putting too much into it, and so is Duff. They don't really care, they just wanna play a few songs because he happened to be in London.

It doesn't kill anything, it doesn't mean anything.

Don't take it for more than what they do.

Board footer