You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Duff Joining GNR (Oct 14, 2010) was awesome but dumb

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl would never toss Tommy aside. I'm sorry but I just don't believe that.

If Duff comes back, Richard gets fired and Duff plays rhythm guitar. Watch and see. Everyone knows Izzy won't ever commit full-time to a stadium tour. He would be a recurring special guest, probably like Steven.

I know people would hate it (I wouldn't, i'd fuckin' love it), but here's your reunion.

Axl (frontman/lead vocals)
Slash (lead guitar 1)
Ron (lead guitar 2)
Duff (rhythm guitar)
Tommy (bass)
Frank (drums)
Dizzy (keys 1)
Chris (keys 2)

with occasional special guest stars Izzy (rhythm guitar) and Steven (drums)

And you know why that would happen? Because it's Axl's show and Axl's name and Axl calls the shots and that's how Axl wants it. 3 guitarists and 2 keyboardists. If Slash doesn't like it, Axl will have no problem leaving DJ on there, and it's obvious Duff & Izzy don't mind performing with Axl without Slash.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Well, your line up is as good as any other theory. None of them really holds any truth though. Duff will never join the band in it's current incarnation. The key is Slash and Slash won't join because Axl don't want him. Better to leave it all to rest and be happy with the band on tour.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Duff has a new album coming out..guest spot Axl wink wink.....I can dream

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
DCK wrote:

It came straight from one of Axl's little jokes on stage after Duff came on. It's one of those things which holds a percentage of truth, made funny by over-stating it a little. Typical Axl stuff.

I seriously don't get what Tommy has to do with this either. He's been the bass player for over 10 years, and will continue to be so until Axl packs it in  due to (insert reason here). He is man enough to share a stage with Duff without putting too much into it, and so is Duff. They don't really care, they just wanna play a few songs because he happened to be in London.

It doesn't kill anything, it doesn't mean anything.

Don't take it for more than what they do.

Thank God for level headed posters like you DCK, I don't even have the patience for this anymore, I commend you big_smile 22

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

and it's obvious Duff & Izzy don't mind performing with Axl without Slash.

Mind blowing isn't it !!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Well, your line up is as good as any other theory. None of them really holds any truth though. Duff will never join the band in it's current incarnation. The key is Slash and Slash won't join because Axl don't want him. Better to leave it all to rest and be happy with the band on tour.

I don't see Izzy ever re-joining because of his personality, but I do see him being very open to recurring guest spots. He obviously didn't have a problem with it in 2006, and I think he'd be even more open in addition to Axl, Duff was also there.

I don't see where you think Duff would be so loyal to Slash. I don't think that war really exists anymore. I think Duff would be fully open to full-time performing with Axl, no different than Slash. What makes Slash so special? Duff performed full-time with him - why not Axl?

Why would Duff have a problem performing with GN'R as it exists now, when HE JUST DID IT. Izzy & Duff both obviously have no issue accepting it as Guns N' Roses now, unlike a few years ago.

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I do agree I think this has shocked alot of people in some ways. Izzy & Duff both obviously don't have the issue with a Slash-less GN'R that alot people thought they would.

As a fan, would you say no to a GN'R with...

Axl Rose
Izzy Stradlin
Duff McKagen
Steven Adler

JUST because Slash isn't there? I know I wouldn't. 9

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I do agree I think this has shocked alot of people in some ways. Izzy & Duff both obviously don't have the issue with a Slash-less GN'R that alot people thought they would.

=d  I'm not, I find it amazing. No big hulabaloo just two guys meeting burying the hatchet and jumping up on stage to have some fun playing the songs they made great together for the first time in 20 years.

GNR's is a very human story, and what happened in London on the 14th is inspiring.

Axlin08 wrote:

As a fan, would you say no to a GN'R with...

Axl Rose
Izzy Stradlin
Duff McKagen
Steven Adler

JUST because Slash isn't there? I know I wouldn't. 9

No I wouldn't.

Not since I discovered that the one piece of music that completely defined Gnr for me, which was the intro to Back of Bitch, was played by just those 4 guys.

Taht amazingly perfect guitar breakdown....was Izzy.... Epic

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

Oh Wait !!!!! That was Matt on Back off bitch duuhh my bad... but still

No one can listen to the first 28 seconds of that and say it ain't GNR

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But would they do it together.  Remember at stevens gig it would have been full AFD line up minus axl and slash wouldn't do it. To me there's a difference between duff doin a cameo one night with Axl's band, and Duff rejoining with Izzy full time without slash. And how long would it last? Like how matt eventually got into a fight with Axl when Tobias or Robin (i forget which) was slash bashing? How long will Izzy and Duff hang out with slash impersonators before they wonder if it's time to reach for the cell phone....

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

Too convoluted a story for us to ever know what the fuck went on, all the egos in there it was bound to be a mess. Matt is the 3rd biggest ego in the band and he's a replacement drummer ffs...

Board footer