You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Duff Joining GNR (Oct 14, 2010) was awesome but dumb

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

and it's obvious Duff & Izzy don't mind performing with Axl without Slash.

Mind blowing isn't it !!!!

But would they do it together.  Remember at stevens gig it would have been full AFD line up minus axl and slash wouldn't do it. To me there's a difference between duff doin a cameo one night with Axl's band, and Duff rejoining with Izzy full time without slash. And how long would it last? Like how matt eventually got into a fight with Axl when Tobias or Robin (i forget which) was slash bashing? How long will Izzy and Duff hang out with slash impersonators before they wonder if it's time to reach for the cell phone....

I don't think it's near as complicated as one might think. Izzy ain't coming back full time, with or without Slash, period. I think we all know that for the last 19 years Axl has been trying to convince Izzy to come back virtually everytime he hits the road, and he ain't bit yet. Maybe a massive payday from a reunion check would change his mind, but honestly I think he's the one guy from the old band that could give a fuck how big his cut is. He only does it if it interests him. Best your gonna do in any situation imo is special guest appearences on select nights.

I think if anything if Axl did buddy-up to a Duff, that Duff could possibly be the guy that could warm Axl up to "considering" Slash. It's obvious Axl has a love/hate relationship towards the idea because the money was left on the table in 2006, and then in 2009 Axl was back to "he's a cancer", who knows tomorrow?

As for how long it will last? At this point, no clear answer exists except for my personal one - who gives a shit? If ten cities get a Guns N' Roses reunion, fuck it. It's the best any fan could hope for at this point.

Axl holds all the cards. ALL. If Izzy & Duff and/or Steven suddenly have an issue playing for a Slash-less GN'R and they don't like it and Axl hasn't budged on the Slash idea, Axl has a fuckin' phonebook of people he can call that would be on the next plane out for the paycheck to play for Guns N' Roses. It's pretty much what the band already is.

I think at this point, any form of a conceptualized reunion will be a merger of the new band and the old band for lineup #43,567. It's Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. Whataya gonna do? 21 22

Sky Dog wrote:

pure class.....

tommy_stinson

i can hardly put into words how awesome it was for me to have duff come up last night. been a long time comin. what a fun ass show. thanks     

9:18 PM Oct 15th  via TweetDeck

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Man, this is so weird....  I know it "just happened" and all, but with all this shit between the two camps, and Duff just goes up and jams...  I kind of wanted to save all this for the Rock N Roll HOF deal... Its cool, but kind of spoils the surprise of an all out one off gig...  Such a cock tease, now I want MORE, and you know what I mean by that.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Makes me sad to watch... Duff is such a badass, and to see this, its tough, greatest fucking band ever, oh, what could have been...  DJ's tone on You Could Be Mine fucking sucks, seeing this only makes me want a reunion more.. I know, I shouldn't expect one, its such a cock tease...  And the current members seemed to love him being on stage, and they love Izzy... They would love Slash too...  I am still shocked Axl and Duff "went there"....  Duff looked so cool on stage, and the band suddenly looked so much more legit just by him standing there..  Amazing, I don't know what to think of this still, still hitting me...

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Are you drunk? lol..  I'm still amazed it happend, out of the blue.  Though, I was half expecting ISE to be one of the songs, its just one of those 'Duff' songs, the bass intro and all that

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It was fun to see, Axl sounded really good too!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Makes me sad to watch... Duff is such a badass, and to see this, its tough, greatest fucking band ever, oh, what could have been...  DJ's tone on You Could Be Mine fucking sucks, seeing this only makes me want a reunion more.. I know, I shouldn't expect one, its such a cock tease...  And the current members seemed to love him being on stage, and they love Izzy... They would love Slash too...  I am still shocked Axl and Duff "went there"....  Duff looked so cool on stage, and the band suddenly looked so much more legit just by him standing there..  Amazing, I don't know what to think of this still, still hitting me...

7yhz9qa.png
16:haha::haha:
19:peace:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hahahaha...  Being a GNR fan is a mindfuck.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I finally watched the videos in full last night. Axl sounds fantasic right now. I'm gonna beat it into the ground, but once again close your eyes - you'd think it was 1987 with Axl's voice. Nice Boys sounds like an '88 performance, and YCBM - vocally that is - sounds the best it ever has.

Despite talent being "technically stronger" in other era's, this is the most cohesive most raw traditional new era Guns N' Roses. Everyone seems to like each other, and when the band enjoys bringing even the old guys out it just adds to it much more. It was so fuckin' cool to hear Tommy & Duff doing battling backup vocals on Knockin' On Heaven's Door, even though i'm not a fan of the song post-1992.

I love all of these guys, both old and new. I'm not worried about a full-fledged reunion, i'm just tired of GN'R existing in 2010 in relative obscurity. Let's see some live albums/DVD's, some all new material. Let's see this band truely be active again.

Come on Axl, you've finally gotten back to a 1993 point with the people involved in the band. Don't waste it. Cut new albums, invite all the fuckin' members who wanna be there. Make this whole thing a real experience. This is the best shot you've had since the old days.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Come on Axl, you've finally gotten back to a 1993 point with the people involved in the band. Don't waste it. Cut new albums, invite all the fuckin' members who wanna be there. Make this whole thing a real experience. This is the best shot you've had since the old days.

Amen to that. Bring it on.

I've watched the vids too, but IMO Duff seems to feel a little out of place, a little awkward. Ron waves on him to come forward, and seems a bit reluctant on stage. Just my feeling when I see it.

Just me watching his body language thats all.

But Jesus all fucking mighty. Axl sounds better than I've EVER heard him before.

Board footer