You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: GNR fined $108,000 for breaking curfew.

mickronson wrote:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st … ew_1173434

Guns 'N Roses Face $108,000 Fine For Breaking Gig Curfew

DUFF MCKAGAN's GUNS N' ROSES return in London on Thursday (14Oct10) has been marred after the band was handed a huge fine for running over its allocated time-slot.

The bassist, who recently quit Jane's Addiction, thrilled fans at the British capital's O2 Arena when he reunited with his ex-bandmate Axl Rose to play a string of the group's greatest hits.

But the rockers are now facing an estimated $108,000 (£72,000) fine from the venue's officials for playing past the 11pm curfew, according to Britain's The Sun newspaper.

An O2 Arena spokesperson confirms the band's promoters will incur a fine for the late finishes, which totalled three hours over two gigs.

mav
 Rep: 0 

mav wrote:

Seems a bit harsh since its an indoor venue. I wonder how much they make per show anyway?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think it's great. Keep it up.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

"DUFF MCKAGAN's GUNS N' ROSES "

Priceless!

hmm..is it the city with the fines?

In any case charge it off as expenses vs taxes.  its worth the energy, and the buzz created with duff there.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is the sort of reason there's not likely to be a reunion. Nothing's changed. Slash says in his book he never understood why the lateness had to happen - it's rude to fans and it costs the band money. I'm sure duff doesn't give a shit as a one off on Axl's dime...but full time you don't want to be sceduling a tour to be profitiable on the basis that you're likely to be fined $100k every few shows.

Sky Dog wrote:

yawn....they got fined on the Illusion tour all the time. I am not condoning the ignorance, but Axl pays the tab and obviously doesn't care. It is a cost of doing business. He also makes a ton of money on the "late" and "dangerous" reputation. They have killed it at the bank and on the stage this Euro tour... and really for the whole year.

as far as a reunion goes, they would make tons of money and the fines would pale in comparison to the overall take.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Who cares. They probably made a million dollars that night anyways. They've been there and done that for 20 years.

I did like "Duff McKagen's Guns N' Roses" that was cool, but news must be really slow.

Slash was referring to Axl being late, not the band performing a 3 hour show that starts at 10:30p at night.

Slash is not near as caring about the fans waiting as he is about himself waiting. Trust me. As long as he doesn't wait, he doesn't give a shit. And his reunion payday would be so vast that he'd probably towel Axl off after he got out of the jacuzzi.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Wonder if Duff will pitch in big_smile

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It would be easy to resolve this issue with a reunion.  Just simply have it in the contract that Axl is responsible for paying any late fees.

You know seeing the myspace changes for the Adelaide and Perth gigs coming up in December where they were moved forward the start times.  I looked at that and thought that perhaps the start times are earlier so Axl can still keep everyone waiting for the obligatory 2 hours after the support acts finish but then not go over any curfew time.

Board footer