You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Voted Classic Rock Magazine Album Of The Year 2007!

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Yup.

They don't have to give two shits about GN'R. But they do, and I think thats good. Once the media stop caring at all, that really could be the nail in the coffin for GN'R.

This post says it all right here.   The fact that there is no album and GNR wind up getting into the media it a GOOD thing.

I honestly don't see it as being much of a deal at all. I mean, besides the Zep show, what's really going on in Classic Rock for them to talk about, ya know? Also, I wouldn't be over excited if I was GNR and the only media still talking about me was a magazine about Classic Rock. If you're trying to be relevant to kids, I don't think they're your target publication.

But this is not the only media this year, you had Talking Metal do a whole segment on Chi D, plus the BBF and Frank's Jam, plus the mega media that Axl got for Angel Down definitely didn't hurt them either.   Bottom line is, when I see things like this, I think it's a positive for them even tho the album is not released.  Whether or not it does them good or not, the point is, there is some sort of media form that always is mentioning or having articles on Chi D or Axl throughout every year.   Chi D was even mentioned in that show Californication on Showtime.    It keeps it alive, even tho we don't have it.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:

Probably a fake article.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

agree russ, its not a big deal, but its cool.   i can't see how any GnR fan would be pissed at something like it tho.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

pipegnr
 Rep: 0 

pipegnr wrote:

whats ?????

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
starsko wrote:

Probably a fake article.

Its definitely not fake.

Sky Dog wrote:

you people are nuts....Axl gets a ton of publicity constantly for doing NOTHING! 14

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
starsko wrote:

Probably a fake article.

Its definitely not fake.

Well, I thought Porcupine Tree had been voted best album of the year by Classic Rock. Maybe this is a different award, I don't know : http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page … at_a_night

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, the mag could be making a mockery of CD, as it certainly wouldn't be the first time its happened(or the last). The article isn't fake though.

Board footer