You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash and Myles Max Sessions

Smoking Guns wrote:

Myles has a really, really pretty voice when he just sings...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

tbh i havent had the chance to watch them yet

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Once again, Miles fucks up the lyrics to Civil War. Look, it's pretty fucking basic, the "bloody hands of the hypnotised" line goes in the SECOND chorus. Why does he keep messing it up?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I don't mind Myles, but most of his and Slash's work together sounds very tame.  There's not much I've heard that has excited me.  Also, I think Civil War sounded very thin in the parts where Slash was trying to playing lead riffs.  It would probably sound much better if Myles was playing rhythm.

Totally off topic, but Myles looks so similar to Jamie Kennedy to me.  It didn't even occur to me til yesterday that they have the same last name.  I was really expecting to find out they were brothers.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with smoke. It just doesn't blow me away. To me Myles and Slash sound best performing their original songs. The best shit i've heard from them is Back From Cali.

I just don't feel like I did when I heard Scott with VR performing It's So Easy or Mr. Brownstone, and thought - wow, that's pretty good.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think they were great. Not to start a war, but much better than the current GN'R - cause the spirit is there. I loved the stuff, thanks Smoking!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

awesome clips

actually liked Starlight like that better than the one on the album...Myles isnt so over the top falsetto...

CivilWar was a train wreck...slash shoulda tried to keep it away from the solos if he;s the only one playin, just sounded thin, and then i think they got lost a couple times in there..and Myles was too over the top for it, they played it as if they were gonna play it full out electric and they were in an intimate setting..anyway i digress

im surprised that gibson let slash play on somethign other than a Gibson

Fall to peices was Ace as well

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

awesome clips
actually liked Starlight like that better than the one on the album...Myles isnt so over the top falsetto...

The funny thing is that the album version is really disappointing, and I never understood why Slash had praised this song.
But the acoustic version always delivers and it made me change my mind about it. Instrumentally it's one of the best tracks Slash has ever done, and I've been trying to learn it on guitar, it's so cool. I usually learn the Slash riffs very quick, since his style is in my veins, but this is a tough mofo. big_smile3

Board footer